• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t open PS files

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to edit through PS express on iPad - was going fine but now the app is popping up unable to open file. Tried different pictures but this seems to be occurring on only certain pictures, not all.

I've then tried to edit via Photoshop but it has come up with the following warning :

'unable to load photo from library. Cannot load representation of type public.jpeg'

the warning is in a red box

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same is happening, seems to be on certain images, but it seems to be the majority.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the photo get corrupted somehow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.
I open a jpeg in Lightroom on my iPad, process the photo and then export as a JPEG to my camera roll.

when I try to import or open that file in Photoshop mobile in my iPad, I also get that message "unable to load photo from library"

I already checked the settings in my iPad and Photoshop has access to "all photos" under the photos option on the settings menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? 
I was using it fine last night but this has popped up today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what worked for me:
With my situation, I was trying to import to Photoshop from the Photo app.

I had to go to the photo app, Share the photo and choose "Save to files". I was then able to import to Photoshop Express successfully from the "Files" app.

I'm not sure why this is an issue. I'm not an engineer but this worked for me.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines