• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Paste Layer Mask

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been able to successfully copy a layer mask and paste it to an adjustment layer?

I asked this a couple of days ago but Adobe's canned response didn't help and no further posts have received response so I'm curious if some users out there could try and see if it works for them.

Apparently the process should be:

Make selection > Click Layer Mask icon to create mask.

'...' button > Copy Layer Mask

Select Adjustment Layer > '...' button > Paste

What this does for me is duplicate the entire (original) layer and mask rather than applying the mask to the Adjustment Layer.

I know that most of us were hoping for more out of the gate with this app but since this is something included and not working rather than a missing feature I would hope they could fix it quickly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I've checked with our Engineering team and the intended workflow is to double tap mask, select all and copy. Double tap on destination mask and paste.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot copy a Layer mask and paste it to an Adjutment layer.

I am going to check this and try reproduce it at our end. We have not seen this as a problem being reported so far.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked with our Engineering team and the intended workflow is to double tap mask, select all and copy. Double tap on destination mask and paste.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. Yes, while admittedly a bit clunky those steps do work. Definitely a huge help knowing that at least it's possible to do.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up question: is it possible to invert a mask?

I've tried the 'Invert' button but that only inverts the selected portion (select visible portion of mask > Invert > creates solid black mask)

Thanks!

Edit: Loading the mask as a selection allows you to invert the selection and then that can be applied as a mask. If this is the prescribed workflow then I'll run with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update and sharing this feedback with us. 

Enjoy Photoshop on your iPad 🙂

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that is the case, what is "copy mask" for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines