Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes Freezes Problems Bugs AND Errors on Ipad Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

Few months ago I purchased an ipad pro (4th generation / 13.7 / 512 G) and installed photoshop to move from the confortable but huge and office-anchored cintiq 27 to a more practical and reliable tool I could use more spontaneously.

At first the transition was really smooth and faster than expected and for a while I though I found what I was expecting : the advantages of digital - layers, endless retouches... - combined with the format and almost feeling of traditionnal A4 drawing and sketching.

Then problems began and they wasted the experience to the point I'm now reluctant and worried to open a new photoshop document on my ipad.

1/ Photoshop freezes and crashes during the saving process CONSTANTLY and unexpectedly, no matter the size of the doc or the lenght of the session. And it happens MORE and MORE (I hate to use CAPS in a text but I hate these crashes even more).
One of the reason I decided to use Photoshop and Ipad was to be able to draw quietly without worrying about saving. Now I have to close and open the doc each 5 minutes to be sure not to lose too much in case it freezes again, because it will. Not ideal to follow and idea or developp a sketch.

2/ Strange colored and white squares appear randomly on my document, when I merge layers or along other activities. So I regularly have to check the layers and delete the squares.

3/ This one may come from the pen, but it's new and I don't have other issues with him so barely.
Whenever I draw some straight lines (vertical or horizontal) appear between the tip of my pen and random places of the screen. Though the line appears in an instant it takes many "undo's" to come back to the historic stage without this line

4/ Often the screen loses track of the pen or transform a line into a scribble.

5/ More ergonomic issus. Options and layers are selected randomly by the palm of my hand when I draw.

It's OK not to have all the options and tools of the classic Photoshop for now but it's really not not to be able to simply save a document and work with the fear of losing your work.

I reported all the crashes with comments but didn't receive any answer nor saw any improvement, on contrary. So I purchased Procreate and began to learn it in case I'll have to switch for real.

Did anyone meet such problems and found a way to fix them ?
Adobe, are you here ? Do you care ?

Nicolas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you stated in reference number 3. I too am having the same issue. Appears to happen mostly when i zoom in on a project I'm working on. It's become super frustrating :,( as sometimes those "squares" don't even appear on the photoshop screen but when i go to import my project they appear on the saved file on my iPad. And yes this app crashes CONSTANTLY. I'll be in the middle of working on a project really focused and engaged, feeling good and all that jazz and then it abruptly crashes. Not saving any of my work :(. Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In regards to 5,  have you adjusted it to stylus only painting in the preferences?  It helps immensely with that.  I haven't experienced any of the other issues you had.  Do keep in mind however, that this forum is powered by fellow users and not normally other Adobe employees.  In the App Settings, you can sent a request to Adobe in Help and they might be able to help you with other issues and troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines