• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop preview layer iPad Pro photoshop

New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally pressed the crop tool and then cancelled it and then all of the layer merged together into one layer labelled ''crop preview'' and I cannot unmerge them, please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried replicating this issue and can't seem to do it. Can you tap the "undo" arrow at the top to step back? Can you provide a screen shot of Photoshop on your iPad showing this issue (Please include your Layers Panel).

I've never seen a layer renamed to "crop preview." A screen shot could help.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also just happened to me. I was cropping, undoing and recropping my work. Suddenly it was stuck to "Crop Preview" and all my layers seemed merged or missing. Even the hidden layers are merged. I have over 30 layers. I thought it was a bug in the Layers window. Lately, the layers window does not show the layers and mini preview properly. So i exit and reopened the app. It was still the same, only one layer named "Crop preview" with everything merged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1296.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try duplicating the "crop preview" layer and using layer masks to reveal the original layers underneath. This won't unmerge them, but it might help recover the original content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines