• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Delay in Photoshop on Ipad pro

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe Photoshop on my 2020 Ipad. Yesterday when drawing there was significant lag.

I restarted my Ipad.

I checked that the tip was screwed into my apple pencil well

I tried drawing in other programs, no lag.

I tried drawing in photoshop with different brushes. Still lag

Reset brush settings, drew with my finger. still lag.

Updated Ipad to OS 14.4 & updated photoshop.

Turned off Ipad and waited 24 hours, still lag.

and now I am here on the internet searching for an answer.

The line lags behind the stylus/finger about a cm. when I hold down the line slowly catches up. Drawings even at a slow pace are smoothed and inaccurate. As an illustrator this is verry frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a similar issue. I've got a new iPad and Pencil and the Apple Pencil works well with every other Adobe program except with Photoshop there is a bad lag with the paint brushes and the erasers, which is very frustrating. However there is No Lag when using my finger as a stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gave the opened file a moment?  I know sometimes I have a lag initially,  but I give it a moment and things catch up.  How big of a file are you using?  That may affect things, along with your wireless connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I was just about to post an update. I was using a generic stylus. I got the actual Apple pencil and its perfect now.

Get Outlook for iOS

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. (NCGS.Ch.132)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have same issue.  the lag.  also cant export without paying for pdf fees?  procreate has better setup but used to photoshop layers to finsh work.  this is frustrating and to be weaving in out of updates doesn't seem like a solution.  when you commit to updates your blinded sighted to other items in that update that compromise work.   solution appears to further understanding of procreate.  and i pay the $20 a month for adobe app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines