• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error msg on PS on iPad “not enough space

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uploaded PS on my iPad. When I try and open a photo (200 MB) I get the error message that there's not enough space. Yet I have over 5 GB of memory available. Is there a setting I need to adjust for the scratch space PS requires?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many factors that contribute to memory usage in Photoshop including image dimensions, the number of layers, and the use of masks. The size shown on the cloud psd file in the organizer is only showing the size on disk of the file and is smaller the the uncompressed opened file. Photoshop requires a minimum of 2gb to run. To avoid the out of memory message you would need to free up space of you device, or use smaller files or number of layers. If you gave the desktop version of Photoshop you can see the memory used on the file on the lower left corner on the document window. By default it shows zip on level but can be changed from the pop up list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same problem with storage and I'm not sure how to fix it because photoshop won't even launch to let me access my work and try the above methods suggested. I checked my ipad and I have 20GB free storage space, which means that photoshop should be able to open. However, when I try to launch photoshop it comes up with the error message "Looks like there's not enough disk space (2GB minimum) to launch photoshop right now. Photoshop will now exit." I can't access my work to reduce layer numbers or file sizes and I've spent the past hour trying to figure out why it's saying this when I have plenty of storage. Please can you help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines