• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export DPI from Photoshop Mobile

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded a photo session and thought I'd do all the editing in the new Photoshop for Mobile on my iPad Pro.  Once I got the hang of it, editing the photos worked great but I'm having some issues with the export and cloud connection.  First, it seems like when I exported the completed files as JPEG highest resolution of 12, the DPI was 72x72.  I'm used to keeping the DPI on Photoshop Desktop at 300x300 for printing purposes.  I'm shooting CR2 files from a Canon 5D m2, running them through Lightroom and then importing them into Photoshop for mobile.  Where is it converting to 72x72 DPI?  Did I miss a step in Lightroom?  Or are the PSD's saved in the cloud still at 300x300 and it converts it to the lower DPI when exporting to JPEG?  I can't seem to click on the files and get an info tab to see the resolution in the cloud, only after I download the file natively on my iPad.  

Suggestions, tips, thoughts, helpful affirmations are all welcome.

This was an experiment to see if I could use Photoshop Mobile for senior portrait sessions.  I still have access to the Desktop version but if the files are all low resolution for printing, I'll have to redo all my editing on the desktop.  

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the DPI isn't available yet in Photoshop for Mobile. However, DPI has absolutely nothing to do with the resolution or quality of your images. DPI is only a marker attached to a file that tells page layout programs how to adapt the image size to the page size. You can change DPI later to anything you want and it has zero impact on the image resolution. So at the end of the day, have faith that your file resolution isn't being changed.

You can request the capability to set DPI o n export, via the feedback link in Settings, or go straight to the feedback website. Here’s the link to the main categories page: Photoshop Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you would like to add your vote for this feature:

Here is the specific link for the feature request at the feedback site Michael sent 

Photoshop mobile: Ability to resize image/change DPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines