• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature set a huge disappointment

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, I love photoshop... but this whole endevour seems like a bad joke. 
I get it that it is version 1. I really do. But honestly - with such a poor feature set - why bother with a public release?

Why not wait a couple more months and deliver a full bodied product?

I really had high hopes for a sensible mobile workflow for photography, but with all the iPadOS bugs and serious issues, and now this "demo" of an PS app, I think we're still years from that. 

No curves, no advanced color balance tools, no advanced selection tools, hardly any features at all, quite frankly. 
Right now, the only tool that is usable for me is the healing brush. Yet I can only see myself using this instead of a desktop app + wacom tablet if I'm doing some light work and need to lie down on a couch or sth... It took lightroom mobile about 3 years to get to a more or less useable state, and one of the most important features, batch adjustment, was added just recently for iOS. If Ps will be developed at a similar pace, I'm not optimistic, to put it lightly. 

When can we expect a tool that is actually usable as a standalone app? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it that it is version 1. I really do.

If that's the case—you really do get it—then you should understand why this enormously complex software does not have a full feature set on day one. If you can't wait, and you aren't a professional user, you might consider trying one of the amateur apps such as Affinity Photo. I, too, am anxious fore more features, but I have nonetheless already managed to edit a few photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a pro.
Photoshop for iPad was more than a year in development.

Adobe and Apple advertised it as full fledged photoshop back then.

So come on... no curves? no raw support? This is basic stuff... fully featured seems years away if all they could reliably deliver within one year from announcement is an app, which basically mimics the functionality already present in for a long time in adobe mobile apps alone, not to mention a ton of ther apps which do some tasks much better. So no, I do not get that. 

Right now, Affinity Photo IS the most professional retouching/photo editing app for iOS - and that is, sadly, the point here. PS is not even ahead in terms of speed and perceived brush latency (30 mpix files with a few layers, healing vs inpainting brush, Apple Pencil on iPad Pro 11) even though it seems a much less complex app at the moment. Yep, I edited a few images as well. I could do it much faster on desktop. I could do the same tasks faster in Affinity photo for iPad (even though I'm not a fan of their UI) 

On top of that, the pricing is absurd for the offered functionality. The in app purchase feels like a shady kickstarter for software. "Gimme money" and we'll work on some features someday, maybe. The only remotely redeeming decision on Adobe's part was to include it in the photography plan, but than again, it seems more like an extended public beta, rather than anything else... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are aware that CLIP STUDIO on iPad Pro was released as a version 1 with a 1:1 feature set of the Desktop version and it too is an enormously complex piece of software? It's not really a positive move pushing something half baked to your *paying* user base especially if it's targeting Pro users.

IMO Adobe got slightly cold feet with things like CSP and Affinity going strong on iPad Pro and ProCreate preparing a major new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case—you really do get it—then you should understand why this enormously complex software does not have a full feature set on day one.

I don't think most people are expecting full desktop Photoshop on iPad the first day it was out. They most likely thought they were caught up to the 90s though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can visit this link for details about adjustments layers:

Photoshop on the iPad: Curves adjustment layers
Work with adjustment layers

Selection tools include Lasso, object select, Quick selection, Rectangular Marques, Elliptical marquee, and Select subject.  

You can visit this link for more details:
Make selections and add masks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your frustration. But,  there are some big things coming to Photoshop for the iPad as more functionality are eventually added,  just just be patient.  Thanks to Cloud Documents, I do what can do,  then jump over to Desktop PS, using it on my iPad via Astropad or Sidecar.  When more features are added,  its going to mean steps are going to be eliminated.  But just be patient 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines