• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files fuzzy and lose a lot of quality when exporting from Photoshop App for iPad

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in the Photoshop App for iPad doing some illustrations/drawings. When they're open in the app they are crisp and have good clean lines but when I export them to jpg the quality drops DRASTICALLY. They become *so* fuzzy. I've even tried opening in Photoshop on desktop and exporting through there but the same thing happens. When I open the jpg on my Mac it looks fine but when I airdrop to my iPad or phone it’s fuzzy again. I have tried both exporting and save for web and it makes no difference. And then when I have to resize to a smaller size (1080 px width coz Instagram) it's even worse😞 I do check bicubic sharper when making smaller. This is obviously a massive problem, it’s totally ruining my artwork which has a lot of intricate details. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's an issue with the app?? The original file is 2480 x 3508 at 300 ppi. I've also tried exporting to 72 ppi, not that I could see why it would make it less fuzzy but I tried anyway as I'm uploading to web, it didn't help. I've previously created much larger and also much smaller pieces in Photoshop for desktop and I've never had an issue with them displaying incorrectly or losing quality this badly. I usually use the desktop Photoshop with my iPad as a drawing tablet and an Apple Pencil but cancelled Astropad coz funds and have been trying to use Sidecar, but where I put the pencil on the screen is not where the line begins in Photoshop, which makes it feel like I'm drawing blindfolded or left handed or something and just such a mission to use. I AM HAVING SUCH A BAD TIME WITH ALL OF THIS RN. Has anyone got any advice or solutions? This is really upsetting😞

EF3AF622-2A4D-4C05-B259-AEA662CA1423.png10590031-DD33-4276-8ABB-7CBF4B0C069B.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try exporting to PNG instead of JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines