• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import brushes and brush settings on iPad/mobile

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find a way to import brushes to the new Photoshop for I-pad program, but I can't find a way. It seems like it's supported in it's sister-program Fresco, but somehow didn't get the support in Photoshop? I find this hard to believe since it is an essential part of Photoshop and one of the best features of photoshop. 

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Photoshop on iPad now supports loading brushes directly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGBfb9puU_Y

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that being able to import brushes would make this much more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add .ABR brushes to my iPad Photoshop? Is this honestly not possible. It is now February 2021. Could you in the community, or Adobe staff, please answer this questions clearly.  Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop on my iPad has one brush. ONE. Is that deliberate or do I have a broken version?

I can't use Fresco for what I want to do either, so I'm wondering what the point of these two separate apps is when neither of them are doing what I want them to do. Why not combine them into one app that actually works for what artists want? I don't want a bunch of filters and FX stuff, I want a version of Photoshop that works a lot like the one I have on my desktop Mac works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously everyone wants brushes. I want brushes. I have one brush in my version of Photoshop so to me that makes it almost useless. Everyone has other photo editing apps, but people who use Photoshop expect lots of brushes. It's crazy that this is not a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What basic set? I don't even have that. My latest updated version has one brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version has all the default brushes.  Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it or signing out and reinstalling it? 

I understand your frustration though.  Eventually the apps will include all the stuff you need. Its a gradual process, they wanted the apps out there, but they couldn't put all the features out there right away, because it could have been so bogged down that it would have been extremely buggy.  That and they're trying to incorporate what they can in a mobile UI.  Because what we know in the desktop wouldn't work too well in mobile.  All I can say is to be patient.  More stuff is coming 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did delete it and reinstall and it seems normal now, got all the default brushes, but that was strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to see the availability to be able to use brushes on the iPad version of Photoshop.  It would make going between the Mac and the iPad much more versitile.  Please make it happen soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please this is badly needed. Otherwise it’s a bit useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - so we’ve been waiting for a year for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brushes are an important component of Photoshop. I know the team at Adobe is probably tearing their hair out with trying to get all these features. I imagine you all are under a lot of stress.

Having the ability to use our brushes is important to us users. Perhaps it could be a priority?

Thank you. You folks are doing a great job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so, on both accounts. Not only is the lack of custom brushes frustrating, I know what you mean with the app being bogged down. I'm on a slightly older iPad Pro 11 from 2019 and increasing any brush size beyond 150 slows down Photoshop considerably 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like to be able to import new brushes to Photoshop on my IPad. I use it for school, homework, and for my free time I’m having a hard time finding Photoshop on my desktop (it’s an apple desktop). It would I also be helpful because I take my IPad on the go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what they are waiting for. Brushes can be imported into Affinity Photo and Affinity Design with easy. Dozens of brushes at that. Clearly this function is possible. They are being lazy with the coding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to import brushes will be the dealbreaker between using ProCreate over Adobe. Please fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently imported a lot of brushes to photoshop on desktop. However, on the iPad version they don't seem to show up. Only the default brushes such as pastels and pencil are options. Is there any way to sync my desktop imported brushes with iPad photoshop? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I want to Put my brushes from my PC to my Ipad that i can use them their.

I thought photoshop from PC and Ipad are syncronized with my files why not with my brushes? But it didnt worked.

Is there any solution to get all of my brushes to my ipad? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add brush importing!  I have a huge library of brushes and use SO MANY custom brushes!  I can't believe Photoshop for iPad doesn't allow importing brushes!  What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use my custom brushes with Photoshop on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a minute I got excited that importing Adobe brush files (.ABR) had been added to Photoshop on iPad after seeing instructions on the Adobe x Keith Haring page (https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/discover/article/keith-haring?trackingid=TBJRLLT4&mv=email).

It reads, "For Photoshop on iPad and Adobe Fresco, open the brush panel and click on the + button, navigate to your .ABR file, and select it to add the brushes."

Unfortunately, though, this only applies to Adobe Fresco.

The free brushes inspired by Keith Haring are great though!  Visit the page (linked above) to download them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!!!

Adobe releases custom brushes in Photoshop on iPad and new presets in Adobe Camera Raw
Pam Clark

June 8, 2021

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2021/06/08/adobe-releases-custom-brushes-photoshop-on-ipad-incredi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush import is available in the latest update. At the bottom of th ebrush list tap the [+] . The option is also available from the manage brushes (tap on ...) at the top of the brush list to get to mange brushes. Import option is in the ... menu at top right 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! They work pretty well too!

I still cant't use this app without being able to customise keyboard shortcuts though. Why are the default shortcuts not the same as desktop? 

Imagine an illustrator using 'I' 'B' and 'E' for eye dropper, brush and erase. You'd have to constantly look at the keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Starting with version 2.5 of Photoshop on the iPad, you can load brushes into the app and then access them from the brushes panel. See this thread for details: Photoshop on the iPad: Learn how to load custom brushes

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more details on importing brushes, see: Photoshop on the iPad: Learn how to load custom brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate