Highlighted

Imported file from Creative Cloud opens with all layers merged

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried browsing created topics but cannot find one related to my question. I am really struggling to get files to sync between my PC, which has Creative Cloud and Photoshop, and my iPad, which has both of the app versions of these programs.

On my PC, I have a book cover with many layers that I have been working on. I uploaded it to creative cloud in the synced files tab, because I want to be able to work on it from my desktop or iPad as needed. It displays in my Creative Cloud app on the iPad as a PSD file. I selected "Download original file" because I don't know how else to send it to PS app on iPad (does not show up in cloud or synced in PS App but does on PC versions). When I import it into iPad Photoshop, all of the layers are compressed. Furthermore, a new file has been created of this image called a PSDC file instead of PSD. I did look it up but really don't understand what I am doing wrong here.

Goal: be able to work on a file on PC or iPad while maintaining layers on both versions
Question: file merges all layers/doesn't sync/isn't displayed in cloud on iPad even though I uploaded it from PC

TOPICS
How to, iPad, Open-Save-Share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Imported file from Creative Cloud opens with all layers merged

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried browsing created topics but cannot find one related to my question. I am really struggling to get files to sync between my PC, which has Creative Cloud and Photoshop, and my iPad, which has both of the app versions of these programs.

On my PC, I have a book cover with many layers that I have been working on. I uploaded it to creative cloud in the synced files tab, because I want to be able to work on it from my desktop or iPad as needed. It displays in my Creative Cloud app on the iPad as a PSD file. I selected "Download original file" because I don't know how else to send it to PS app on iPad (does not show up in cloud or synced in PS App but does on PC versions). When I import it into iPad Photoshop, all of the layers are compressed. Furthermore, a new file has been created of this image called a PSDC file instead of PSD. I did look it up but really don't understand what I am doing wrong here.

Goal: be able to work on a file on PC or iPad while maintaining layers on both versions
Question: file merges all layers/doesn't sync/isn't displayed in cloud on iPad even though I uploaded it from PC

TOPICS
How to, iPad, Open-Save-Share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
M Shaw LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of saving as psd to Creative cloud files you can do a save as and save as a cloud document on the desktop side. That file will show up on both the iPad and desktop. You can then can use Imort/Open and and choose Files and navigate to Creative Cloud to get to the files (you may need to enable Creative Cloud in Locations by turning on in the (...) options in the Browse dialog) From the Creative Cloud application you could also choose Photoshop from the list of applications the file should open with layers intact. When it saves as a psdc it is saving the cloud psd described perviously automatically. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0