• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. does anyone else feel utterly disappointed at the version of photoshop that is for the iPad? sure there are features that photoshop mix doesn't offer. but it feels as if the "full" version of photoshop for the computer has been taken and watered down. i originally ended up deciding to get an iPad Pro versus a MacBook,  when the photoshop for iPad announcement came. and i know updates are coming but when? also might i note the iPad photoshop app crashes CONSTANTLY. and fails to save my work i had before it crashed. it really frustrates me. i do really appreciate adobe and their innovation but i think this current version of photoshop for the iPad shouldn't have been released until every feature the computer version has is available. I'm contemplating on cancelling my subscription until that occurs. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

I believe Adobe announced that PS for iPad would not be a completely full version right away. They are working to create as many PS features as they can with the limitations of the iPad. I have no idea when, if ever, it will become as full featured as the desktop version.

Moving post to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe announced that PS for iPad would not be a completely full version right away. They are working to create as many PS features as they can with the limitations of the iPad. I have no idea when, if ever, it will become as full featured as the desktop version.

Moving post to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is a work in progress, it is far from being complete. Be patient and all the hiccups will be addressed.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient.  Big things are coming.  They had to rebuild Photoshop from the ground up and its taking them a little time to add feature.  But they are coming.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking back in in 2022 to ask "when?" as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I agree Photoshop for iPad is utterly disappointing.I can create more with other apps that don't require a subscription and they have greater functionality. I understand Photoshop for iPad is a "work in progress" but Adobe has had Photoshop for years. It's an amazing program and people have come to expect a certain level functionality from it. Releasing it on iPad created a huge stir. If the full program isn't yet ready for release on iPad, maybe don't charge an exhorbitant subscription for an app that won't produce a quarter of what other available art programs do for a one-time purchase fee. 

Did you ever cancel your subscription? I'd like to know how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tapped About - Adobe has 75+ folks assigned to Photoshop iPad and since 1/1/20 we have Curves, Apple pencil improvements, some Font fixes and some Bug fixes. I am not trying to be critical but something is wrong here. Correspondingly, Serif who markets Affinity Photo is a tiny tiny company compared to Adobe but their feature set rollout velocity compared to Adobe is legion. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. And yet Affinity charges a one-time fee for their product.

I just completed the survey on the main page of this board and told them all about my disappointments with Photoshop for iPad. I suggest you do the same, @pjglad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lh241334 wrote:

Did you ever cancel your subscription? I'd like to know how to do that.

You subscribed to PS for iPad through the App Store and need to cancel through the Apple App Store.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE this version of photoshop. I have no shapes an missing other tools, effects and settings I use frequently. The interface is confusing and different from the desktop. Dont know where 'snap to' is etc. With the M1 chip I thought I could get photoshop and premiere desktop version working on it, so I could work while traveling. But this is just [removed by moderator] - should have gone for mac air I guess... 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Big beast, big market share.  Would expect better.  Effects for Pete's sake.  Magic keyboard a big part of the equation and no quick keys for basics things like working with layers - seriously?  It's preferences, not features; just implement the common sense preferences choices of desktop please!

The feel of the apple pen is pretty sweet though and sketching is nice - good work on that piece.

So much of the basics slows production down but maybe it takes getting used to - big question mark on that one.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased PS for my new totally tricked out $1,300 iPad and I have to say that it hasn't been a good product, crashes frequently, locks up in the middle of working on an image. I have had the Adobe PS app for a year now and I will not renew. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ManGar53 wrote:

I purchased PS for my new totally tricked out $1,300 iPad  

Can you clarify "totally tricked out"? In Settings > General:

• What model iPad do you have?
  • What are the numbers you have for these?
    74896904-E85C-4F69-BB23-57F96C2A1E1E.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seldom use PS iPad these days. I do like the Adobe Illustrator pretty good for vectors, but for creating I pretty much have gone back to Procreate. It has more options and I have more control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines