Highlighted

iPad Pro Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. does anyone else feel utterly disappointed at the version of photoshop that is for the iPad? sure there are features that photoshop mix doesn't offer. but it feels as if the "full" version of photoshop for the computer has been taken and watered down. i originally ended up deciding to get an iPad Pro versus a MacBook,  when the photoshop for iPad announcement came. and i know updates are coming but when? also might i note the iPad photoshop app crashes CONSTANTLY. and fails to save my work i had before it crashed. it really frustrates me. i do really appreciate adobe and their innovation but i think this current version of photoshop for the iPad shouldn't have been released until every feature the computer version has is available. I'm contemplating on cancelling my subscription until that occurs. 
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

I believe Adobe announced that PS for iPad would not be a completely full version right away. They are working to create as many PS features as they can with the limitations of the iPad. I have no idea when, if ever, it will become as full featured as the desktop version.

Moving post to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Pro Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. does anyone else feel utterly disappointed at the version of photoshop that is for the iPad? sure there are features that photoshop mix doesn't offer. but it feels as if the "full" version of photoshop for the computer has been taken and watered down. i originally ended up deciding to get an iPad Pro versus a MacBook,  when the photoshop for iPad announcement came. and i know updates are coming but when? also might i note the iPad photoshop app crashes CONSTANTLY. and fails to save my work i had before it crashed. it really frustrates me. i do really appreciate adobe and their innovation but i think this current version of photoshop for the iPad shouldn't have been released until every feature the computer version has is available. I'm contemplating on cancelling my subscription until that occurs. 
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

I believe Adobe announced that PS for iPad would not be a completely full version right away. They are working to create as many PS features as they can with the limitations of the iPad. I have no idea when, if ever, it will become as full featured as the desktop version.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is a work in progress, it is far from being complete. Be patient and all the hiccups will be addressed.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be patient.  Big things are coming.  They had to rebuild Photoshop from the ground up and its taking them a little time to add feature.  But they are coming.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I agree Photoshop for iPad is utterly disappointing.I can create more with other apps that don't require a subscription and they have greater functionality. I understand Photoshop for iPad is a "work in progress" but Adobe has had Photoshop for years. It's an amazing program and people have come to expect a certain level functionality from it. Releasing it on iPad created a huge stir. If the full program isn't yet ready for release on iPad, maybe don't charge an exhorbitant subscription for an app that won't produce a quarter of what other available art programs do for a one-time purchase fee. 

Did you ever cancel your subscription? I'd like to know how to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tapped About - Adobe has 75+ folks assigned to Photoshop iPad and since 1/1/20 we have Curves, Apple pencil improvements, some Font fixes and some Bug fixes. I am not trying to be critical but something is wrong here. Correspondingly, Serif who markets Affinity Photo is a tiny tiny company compared to Adobe but their feature set rollout velocity compared to Adobe is legion. Why is that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
lh241334 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. And yet Affinity charges a one-time fee for their product.

I just completed the survey on the main page of this board and told them all about my disappointments with Photoshop for iPad. I suggest you do the same, @pjglad 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0