Exit

Logitech Crayon bad lag in photoshop, iPad Pro

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. iOS is updated to latest version

YES. Crayon works in every other program with no lag

WHATS GOING ON: ONLY in Photoshop for iPad, when you draw with the crayon, you will not see the line or whatever it is you drew until you lift the stylus off the screen. you make a circle? you get nothing on screen until you lift the stylus off. Draw a line? nothing, until you lift the stylus off the screen. 

what if you use your finger? then it works like normal, seeing whatever it is you are making in real time. no lag, no delays. 

how do i fix this? I am subscribed to photoshop and it's un-usable in this state. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

At this time the application only supports the Apple Pencil. Third party styluses are not supported at this time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-ipad-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time the application only supports the Apple Pencil. Third party styluses are not supported at this time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-ipad-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calamitoso que Adobe permita esta situación. Es como comprar un mac y solo poder usar Photoshop con periféricos ( ratón, impresora, tableta gráfica, etc) de la marca Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have an eta on when this will change?

I just started a subscription, but I can't continue with a $120 plan that doesn't support the Logitech Crayon which is pushed by the biggest retailer in the country when purchasing iPads.

This seems like something simple but important to implement for your customers and subscribers right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logitech crayon works with every other app I have on my ipad pro with no problems whatsoever!  Why cant Adobe make photoshop work without a lag with the crayon?  Procreate works fine.  Affinity Design works fine.  Darkroom room works fine.  Are you hearing this, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2021, still having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022, same problem here, i got my penoval stylus.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024, still no progress. Good thing we got all of that generative AI though 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah I ended up giving in and getting an apple pencil 🫠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the process of returning my Crayon and I've ordered an Apple Pencil. I barely used my first Apple Pencil, and I kept it charged, but it became unresponsive even though it connected and showed as 100% charged. An expensive disposable "pencil." Sigh. 😔 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that on an iPad 7 with Photoshop and the Logitech Crayon (Jan 2022 ... almost two years since the original posting) that the significant lag is still there. It is faster and more responsive to draw with your finger.

The crayon generated stroke eventually appears in just under a second after you lift the stylus.

I've just written some drawing code in Xcode and it works with the Crayon in a responsive manner (as well as works with Apple Pencil 2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Even drawing in MS PowerPoint(!) works with Logitech Crayon. Amazing that Adobe has not addressed this issue since 2020. I was thinking about subscribing to Adobe Illustrator but if the issue is the same there then that is obviously a no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the app. I'm on a IPad Air 4th gen. Version 3.6 of photoshop. Not using apple pen but a generic IPad stylus from Amazon. When I tried to use my stylus to draw using the pen tool, my strokes were only displayed after I lifted the stylus. If I make a bunch of continuous strokes but never lift the stylus, then nothing is displayed; I could hold it forever and nothing would show until I lift the stylus. This happens every single time I try to draw with the stylus, no exceptions so far. And the same thing happens when I use eraser and magic eraser tools, but when I use the lasso select the stylus works fine. And the stylus works fine in other drawing apps. If I use my finger to draw then the pen tools work fine too. I'd appreciate any help for how to fix this, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems extraordinary but this is still the case. I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer and have tested half a dozen different third-party styluses on my latest-Gen iPad Pro 12.9" and both of my wife's Air Gen 4 and Gen 3 and no stylus that I've ever tested other that the genuine Apple ones works properly with Adobe Photoshop for iPad. 

As others have said, they all work with every other app I've tried them with, but the one I really want to use it with is unusable. I'm a full subscriber to Creative Suite and use it heavily across both my laptop and tablet, and fortunately between us we have both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Apple Pencils so I can at least use Photoshop for iPad how I want to. But that won't be the case for a lot of people. Given the huge difference in price (£120 approx for Apple genuine Pencil vs circa £20-30 for a third party one) how many are going to spend £100 extra buying a genuine Apple Pencil that only gives one extra bit of functionality over a third party stylus that does everything else?

Come on Adobe, development of Photoshop for iPad feels glacial. It's so far behind the desktop app I feel like I'm back using Photoshop 7 twenty years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd pop in and say this is still true. womp womp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue late 2023. Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines