• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to import raw files on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t import a simple Nikon Raw (.nef) file into photoshop iPad. The foto is on my iPad I can open it from files app but photoshop is not able to import!!!!!

Idea Released Locked
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

You can now import raw files directly into Photoshop on iPad, without needing to go through the Lightroom app. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/camera-raw-file-support-ipad.html

Enjoy!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Importing of raw files is now available via the Lightroom iPad App.  Please see https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/june-2020-photography-releases/ for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing not working for me. PLUS it won't even work to edit in lightroom and the add to photoshop. LR says the file is corrupt or unsupported and PS says the file-format module cannot parse the file. SO frustrating. I'm so behind on editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to know that. I just purchased Affinity. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw file import is not currently supported. In version 1.0, the supported file formats are PSD, PSB, TIFF, JPG, and PNG. We appreciate you letting us know what features are most important to you. You can add your vote for this feature here: RAW support for Photoshop on the iPad

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 1.0, supported file formats for placing photos in Photoshop are - PSD, PSB, TIFF, JPG, and PNG. Raw file import is not currently supported.

Thank you for letting us know what features are most important to you. You can add your vote for this feature here: RAW support for Photoshop on the iPad

You can add and vote for additional features here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote for RAW file compatibility in Photoshop Mobile for iOS, here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/without-raw-support-this-is-worthless-to-me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am waiting on .cr3 compatibility in Photoshop CC iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major feature that’s been left out. I import my raw files directly from a camera via usb-c to my iPad for Lightroom Mobile editing all the time. Lightroom does not have any support issues. I do not see a use for photoshop mobile at this moment and hope they address this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to import and edit raw files. This would be extremely helpful in using the iPad as an on-the-go editing machine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transfer a raw file from sd card into my photos on ipad and then tried to open the image from photoshop and it said file not supported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to be able to import our native RAW files. CR2 and DNG. It’s an unexpected stumbling block that makes the app almost irrelevant for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG support for Pentax K70? I am mystified that Adobe doesn’t support a universal format it created. Especially since it is supported on your other iOS products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is in the Lightroom forum, and is about Lightroom Mobile.

I've gone ahead and branched this part of the conversation, and moved it to the Photoshop for Mobile forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have plans to add many additional features moving forward and we appreciate your feedback regarding those that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can add your vote for this feature so that our team knows which features are most important to you: Photoshop Mobile: Ability to import raw files

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J ai un Sony A9 M3 les RAW se voient sur Lightroom et se corrigent et cela ne fonctionne pas sur Phototoshop Ipad ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Camera raw plugin would be a very useful add-on for PS for iPad.

PS: Canon cr.2 files is not currently supported, when for?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop for iPad currently dues not support opening and working on RAW files. This has been raised as a feature request for future versions of the application.

Please add you vote for the feature here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-for-ipad-can-t-import-normal-nikon-...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe definitely dropped the ball with RAW support. It should have been included from day one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. In the meantime, support for Adobe RAW/DNG would go along the way in getting by until individual camera RAW formats are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the "real" PS can't do a thing with raw files, I'm going to assume that instead of a hookup with LR Cloudy, you all want at the minimum the Basic tab of Camera Raw inside PS iPad(whatever it's called)? Even the CR filter in PS requires we go back to CR to handle raw files.

Wouldn't you be okay with LR Cloudy's raw file handling if it interacted with PS the way CR does on the desktop, and let PS iPad develop more features that LR Cloudy doesn't have? I, for one, would really like to see a complete set of adjustment layers, SOs, at least the Pen tool for vector selections/paths, real brushes along with brush settings, layer styles. . . and on and on . . .

I'd be fine using LR Cloudy if it hooked up with PS iPad directly and easily—it would even give me a reason to use LR Cloudy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At a minimum you should be able to pass easily from Lightroom to Photoshop but they have not managed that. Best would be using  Adobe Camera Raw the same way you do on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add import and export support HEIF as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn’t appear to be a straightforward way to open files that come directly from a pro level camera.  Virtually all serious photographers capture in RAW.  Being able to edit in Photoshop directly from the Lightroom mobile app would also make the workflow independent of a desktop/laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone mentioned this above, you can buy the Affinity Photo app which opens RAW and saves in numerous other formats including PSD.  Then import the PSD to Photoshop on iPad.  Not ideal but it works.  Incidentally, Affinity Photo is pretty good on its own. The lack of RAW support is beyond egregious.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m stunned the Adobe status on this thread is “under consideration”. This should have been a basic requirement from day 1 of development

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on. Adding yet another app into the mix is hardly going tot have a positive effect on speeding up professional workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate