• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to import raw files on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t import a simple Nikon Raw (.nef) file into photoshop iPad. The foto is on my iPad I can open it from files app but photoshop is not able to import!!!!!

Idea Released Locked
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

You can now import raw files directly into Photoshop on iPad, without needing to go through the Lightroom app. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/camera-raw-file-support-ipad.html

Enjoy!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Importing of raw files is now available via the Lightroom iPad App.  Please see https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/june-2020-photography-releases/ for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with my Olympus raw files. Hope they add support soon. Having to use other software to change the file type is time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed the first version version of Photoshop on my iPad Pro.

The first time i try to open a raw file, i get an error message saying that this type of file is not supported.

Up to now i use Affinity Photo and i have no problem with raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop on the iPad is available with the limited features, you can add your vote to the following feedback link so that our product team can review your feedback: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-for-ipad-can-t-import-normal-nikon-...

Thanks.

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RAW images which I try to upload to Photoshop to edit, but the Photshop app says 'Unsupported file format'. Is this how it's gonna be or Photoshop on iPad will begin to support RAW files in future? Is there a workaround to this? What's the best I can about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been questioned at length on various forums. Photoshop for Mobile does not support raw files. Its format is a special .PSD file type. You may do one of the following: open the file(s) in Photoshop 2020 on your computer and Save as... to the Document cloud (not the same as Creative Cloud). Now your photos are available in Photoshop for Mobile so long as you have an Internet connection. OR: import to Apple's Photos App or the Files App and import into Photoshop for Mobile from there with the Import and Open button ar lower left (see below). There may be other ways, but I'm new at this, too, and this is what I know to date.

22437530-4BC9-41E1-BAA9-4BBFB0F74939.jpeg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Photoshop mobile app?

I'm not  sure how similar it is to the new iPad application of Photoshop. 

Don't they say it's Photoshop on iPad and not Photoshop for iPad? 😕

PS: Importing to Photoshop from Photos app or files on iPad doesn't help because again, they're RAW files. 

Thanks for answering. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has problems with naming its apps. I thought that I would be clear by using the name of the sub-forum: Photoshop for Mobile. I refer to the Photoshop app for iPad that was released on 4 November, 2019.

As for importing raws, it just got weird for me. Please see my new post "Raw Import: It Just Got Weird."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw file import is not currently supported on Photoshop on the iPad. Thank you for letting us know what features are most important to you. You can add your vote for this feature here: RAW support for Photoshop on the iPad

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the unedited screen captures below. While working on a reply to ritik_saxena I tried several methods for getting .CR3 raw files from a Canon RP to the Photos App on my iPad Pro via WiFi, and from there into Photoshop for iPad, aka Photoshop for Mobile: Canon Camera Connect and Cascable software, both using the camera's built-in WiFi; and CamRanger 2 hardware and software via CamRanger WiFi. I don't necessarily understand this, but here's what happened.

• All three methods brought the .CR3 raw files to Apple's Photos App. This was expected.

• .CR3 files imported to Photos App via Cascable did not open in Photoshop for iPad. "Unrecognized format."

• .CR3 Files imported to Photos App via Canon Camera Connect opened in Photoshop for iPad. In the editing window and in the Home Screen Cloud documents list they were shown with no file extension.

• .CR3 files imported to Photos App via CamRanger 2 hardware/software opened in Photoshop for iPad. In the editing window and in the Home Screen Cloud documents list they were shown with the file extension .CR3, even though they had, in fact, been converted to PSDC format as they were opened in Photoshop for iPad.

• Conclusion: No, you can't open raw files in Photoshop for iPad. But, depending on how you move them from your camera to your iPad Photos App you can import them and edit them in Photoshop for iPad as PSDC files.

Photoshop-for-Mobile.jpg

Note that files imported to iPad via CamRanger keep their .CR3 extension.

Photoshop-for-Mobile-Home-Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 1.0, supported file formats for placing photos in Photoshop are - PSD, PSB, TIFF, JPG, and PNG. Raw file import is not currently supported. Thank you for letting us know what features are most important to you. You can add your vote for this feature here: RAW support for Photoshop on the iPad

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without RAW support Photoshop for the iPad is worthless to me. Have been looking forward to this for a year, very disappointing. Will this ever have RAW support? If so, when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether Photoshop for Mobile can read a file from the Apple Photos App May depend on how that photo got into Photos. Please see my experience. You may also put photos into the Document cloud by opening them in Photoshop 2020 and doing Save as... to the Document Cloud. From the Photoshop for Mobile home screen (your first photo above) tap Cloud documents to access your photos. There is no Save button. Edits are automatically saved to the Document cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible? I can edit raw files in Lightroom on my iPad. I’m a professional. This is useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Photoshop without Raw support is plain silly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have added my vote to the add RAW support campaign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree and, unfortunately, I have no confidence they will prioritize it on an upgrade roadmap. So I will migrate over to Affinity which disturbs my workflow no end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import an .NEF file into Photoshop on my iPad, but was told it was an unsupported file format. How long before .NEF files become supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two things that are most important to most pro photographers are RAW and having the ability to control export size. Having the ability to control the size like 800x600 or any other size is very important when shooting for different clients. PLEASE ADD THOSE your customers will be trembly happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, if you're listening, you've gotta fix this. I can't read any RAW files directly in Photoshop for iPad AND the file structure/workflow is a hot mess.

I naively assumed I could ditch my laptop in the field and replace it with my iPad + Photoshop Mobile. I assumed that I could roughly simulate a typical workflow albeit under iOS's already tricky file structure. But currently, I cannot do any of that. I'm thoroughly confused and disappointed.

Do you want me to edit my RAWs in Lightroom Mobile first then open them in Photoshop? I can't really tell because there's no clear path. So it looks like I'm still lugging my laptop around for now.

To be fair, once I've imported my RAW file as a PSD file (via my Mac), Photoshop for iPad works as expected and the output appears completely faithful to that of my Mac.

Anyway, the fundamental act of being able to open a RAW file directly in photoshop should have shipped in this first version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have subscribed to iPad photoshop. I wonder when it would be possible to use Photoshop for canon raw photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so excited to start editing images on my iPad.  Is it truly possible that raw images are not supported or am I doing something wrong?  Just downloaded the app today.  Do I have to edit on LR then pop into PS?  If so how?  Or export a jpeg from LR (still can't choose the file size though) and open in PS?

suggestions anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plans when RAW-Converter will be available for PS IPad Pro App? For now I am using Affinity to convert my RAW-files and import the PSD to PS. Would be great if you could give an information if you put this function in the scope already. Thanks for feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate