M: Photoshop Mobile: Copy / Paste text problem on Photoshop iPad

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Photoshop on my iPad Pro. When I want to copy some text (for example some paragraph from safari / notes, ...) and paste to exist text layer, in Photoshop it paste the same text which I have in layer. When I have there nothing, so it works like I didn't make any copy., 

But in other apps works Copy/Paste correct. It is only in Photoshop.

Have anybody same problem? Or do you know how fix this problem? It is really annoying.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request, iPad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019
The ability to paste from the iOS clipboard is not currently a feature in Photoshop on the iPad. We appreciate your feedback regarding freatures that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can vote on that feature here: Photoshop Mobile: Cannot access iPadOS clipboard Pattie

Translate

Translate
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to paste from the iOS clipboard is not currently a feature in Photoshop on the iPad. We appreciate your feedback regarding freatures that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can vote on that feature here: Photoshop Mobile: Cannot access iPadOS clipboard

Pattie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? You can't PASTE TEXT? "Photoshop" for iPad is an absolute joke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What! The money we spend on every month this should be added yesterday. What a joke. Is there any work around!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a sad joke.  It's 2020 and a multi-billion dollar company cannot implement copy and paste ???? Are you kidding me ?!?! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did adobe even bother rolling Photoshop out on iPad? This literally makes the application useless.

I can't imagine adding copy and paste requires some feat of computer engineering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is very wrong here. LumaFusion just rolled out a major update in just six months. They have 3+ software engineers. The entire company is eleven people. If you check out the ABOUT in Photoshop iPad - they have 75+ people assigned. Am I missing something?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually ridiculous... you can't copy and paste. You can't upload a psd doc... What do the developers do all day? These are basic functions. I am creating stickers with text and I litterally I have to go through and handtype everything like this is the 1950s

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just found out about this shocking fact today. As both an artist and programmer myself, the idea that Adobe couldn't afford a couple hours of Swift / C++  coding for clipboard manipulation and considering how absolutely CRITICAL this is to every single professional's workflow on the planet --- one has to ask who is running the company now.

Adobe, if you are paying attention to your forums, then you are hopefully already noticing a trend. I was already on the edge seeing how much more open-source (free) Blender can do than After Effects .... but with this enormous, unconsciouable faux-pas, you have sealed the deal for me. You are not a company that takes its customers seriously. Go ahead and delete all the comments here deriding your oversight team for missing the "door handle on the door". You won't be the first company of your size to make this fundamental error.

This, unfortunately, demonstrates just how out of touch you are with real-world, production applications of your products .... and confirms, at least in my mind, how you are quickly and irreversibly losing your position as a leading media-software company. You have really shot yourself in the foot with this one. You could have delayed releasing iPad Photoshop for as long as it took to implement this feature. Someone in a board-room thought otherwise, and now the entire company is going to pay for it. You have lost all credibility. First, Structure Paint acquistion (huge black mark on your reputation) and now this. What's next? New mobile apps can't save or export files? It wouldn't surprise me a bit. The whole lot of you must be either completely stoned or reeling on the edge of bankruptcy and desperate to gain leverage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke, first I couldn't use the move tool in the normal version of PS due to some glitch now I find out they can't be bothered to do something as simple as copy and paste from clip board. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is literally ridiculous. Defeats the purpose of even having his program on iPad. Seriously Adobe, think about it. And please remedy the problem at your earliest convenience, for the sake of your professional art clients, i beg of you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANT copy and paste TEXT!?!? What the heck is wrong with this garbage product? 
you have gone waaaaaaay down hill! Garbage garbage garbage. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe are you people listening to your customers? I just found this out today!! Who do your programming. This is a simple universal use on all devices. 

now I guess I will cancel my subscription and get Affinity or something that have sensibility in their architecture. 

Such BS. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why everyone is saying there is no cut and paste feature-- go to layers panel-there are three dots-click copy then paste.  PS is lacking many features of the full desktop edition but copy and paste is not one of them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, take the time to read a thread's contents before you post a comment. It is possible that Adobe has implemented an update since this thread began, but if you read up to the top of the thread, you will see an Adobe Employee explicitly stated that the feature was not present, and the problem was stil present at least until August / September last year.

That being said, I am glad to see that they listed to the customers and have implemented this very needed fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johng4640566 - Please, take the time to read your post before you post. Stil > Still and listed > listened. FYI, PixieTink was only trying to help so folks would know that the copy/paste function exists and how to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. And in fact the comment I was responding to was from January 2021...  Thanks for the back up.  I find it interesting that people find it interesting that people don't actually take their own advice. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard copy paste is what people are upset about. The ability to compose a paragraph in an external app then copy and paste it into a text layer in PS for iPad. As far as I can tell this is still not possible and, I gotta join the mob on this one, extremely disappointing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It'll be there soon.  I get it,  you want all the features on the desktop on the ipad as soon as possible.  The features you want will be there soon.  They're gradually adding them, because they don't want to add too much too fast and have an app that though all the features are there, its extremely buggy and slow.  Just be patient and be sure to suggest features in the app 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines