• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to access iPadOS clipboard

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy text from outside Photoshop (i.e. another iPadOS app), I can’t paste it into a text layer inside Photoshop. The reverse is also true.

In my case, I wanted to copy chunks of text from my resume (developed in Photoshop), into an online spellchecker — but can’t do so.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Well, apparently the dude who said clipboard cut and paste wasn't on the development roadmap didn't know (cursing removed) he was talking about, because behold: It was on the roadmap because it is functioning right this very minute on my crusty old 2015 iPad Pro:

IMG_0342.png
THANK YOU ADOBE, better late than never! Although you may already have lost a lot of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya ha pasado casi un año desde que comenzó este hilo y aún no hay un actualización que permita acceder al portapapeles de iPadOS!!! Es una vergüenza que una empresa como Adobe no de soluciones concretas a sus clientes! Copiar y Pegar es una función BASICA!!! No me cabe en la cabeza!!! Una gran decepción!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is literally ridiculous. Defeats the purpose of even having his program on iPad. Seriously Adobe, think about it. And please remedy the problem at your earliest convenience, for the sake of your professional art clients, i beg of you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY WOULDNT THAT BE ONE OF THE FIRST FEATURES PUT IN PLACE???!!! Like I’m supposed to type and spellcheck every text??? This is why I’ve never given photoshop a 10 nor recommend it to my friends. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY WOULDNT THAT BE ONE OF THE FIRST FEATURES PUT IN PLACE???!!! Like I’m supposed to type and spellcheck every text??? This is why I’ve never given photoshop a 10 nor recommend it to my friends. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANT copy and paste TEXT!?!? What the heck is wrong with this garbage product? 
you have gone waaaaaaay down hill! Garbage garbage garbage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe are you people listening to your customers? I just found this out today!! Who do your programming. This is a simple universal use on all devices. 

now I guess I will cancel my subscription and get Affinity or something that have sensibility in their architecture. 

[offensive language removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an iPad and installed photoshop, which meant paying the crazy monthly price for it because it’s not just a product you can purchase anymore, and went to go paste a character glyph from a font I got from adobe(oh the irony), but there is no way to do that. Considering this crap has been an issue for over a year now and Adobe has yet to fix it, I think that shows just how much Adobe really doesn’t cares about anything but money. This is ridiculous. For the amount of money we have to pay to use this product the fact that we don’t have a basic function needs to be addressed! Get it together Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent a couple hours trying to solve this issue. Very surprised to find one can’t copy and paste text into Photoshop for the iPad. Such a basic command in in any other app I’ve ever used on the iPad. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why everyone is saying there is no cut and paste feature-- go to layers panel-there are three dots-click copy then paste.  PS is lacking many features of the full desktop edition but copy and paste is not one of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, take the time to read a thread's contents before you post a comment. It is possible that Adobe has implemented an update since this thread began, but if you read up to the top of the thread, you will see an Adobe Employee explicitly stated that the feature was not present, and the problem was stil present at least until August / September last year.

That being said, I am glad to see that they listed to the customers and have implemented this very needed fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johng4640566 - Please, take the time to read your post before you post. Stil > Still and listed > listened. FYI, PixieTink was only trying to help so folks would know that the copy/paste function exists and how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to get some external graphics from Safari to cut and paste in to Adobe Photoshop in my 12” iPad Pro  to no avail. Then I came here...seems I am not alone. Ridiculous for the fee I pay annually for these Adobe suite of products when I can’t do a simple cut and paste. Got pissed of and closed Photoshop. Absurd. It’s what we get for putting of of our eggs in the Adobe basket. I need to find another alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. And in fact the comment I was responding to was from January 2021...  Thanks for the back up.  I find it interesting that people find it interesting that people don't actually take their own advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Jack Webb — I switch back and forth between ArtStudio Pro and Affinity Photo. ArtStudio Pro has many of the same types of functionality that you’ve come to expect from Adobe (including copy & paste from iOS clipboard, text and images), but it can’t handle very large files (crashes a lot over 36mp). Affinity can handle pretty large files, but there are things about it that drive me up a tree — so back and forth I go until Adobe “finishes” bringing iOS Ps up to standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Здравствуйте, очень расстроена тем, что нет возможности вставить текст, скопированный на других ресурсах. Недавно я приобрела iPad для работы в Photoshop и совсем не ожидала что такая простая функция не будет работать. Скажите, вы планируете добавить эту функцию? Если да, то в какие сроки?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort it out! Or people should just boycott photoshop and go with another company

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a menu for my business and I actually have to type up each an every menu item!! 😡🤬

I have over 200 items. I could’ve simply pasted it all from my notes on my ipad to the app and it would’ve been done. 

You can keep your £9.99, I am unsubscribing and going with a different app that has copy and paste. [removed] that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe this issue has been going on for so long, I think this should be such a big priority I hope it gets updated soon as I dont have a computer anymore and work only on  my ipad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just unsubscribed and got a refund from Apple this morning. Not paying £9.99 a month when I can’t even copy and paste my stuff onto it.

Better, cheaper apps out there. Boycott the app until they sort it out, ask apple for a refund . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with that is that I use the other apps as well. Like illustrator and Lightroom. I can copy and paste in illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard copy paste is what people are upset about. The ability to compose a paragraph in an external app then copy and paste it into a text layer in PS for iPad. As far as I can tell this is still not possible and, I gotta join the mob on this one, extremely disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll be there soon.  I get it,  you want all the features on the desktop on the ipad as soon as possible.  The features you want will be there soon.  They're gradually adding them, because they don't want to add too much too fast and have an app that though all the features are there, its extremely buggy and slow.  Just be patient and be sure to suggest features in the app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Embarrassing for Adobe. How was that not a feature on day one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text copy & paste is now available in Fresco since the most recent update, so maybe it will be in Ps-iPad soon (crossed fingers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you cannot copy text and paste it into this app is disgraceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate