• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to resize image/change DPI on iPad/mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be awesome to be able to resize an image, change the dpi on my iPad Pro..
i make frequent submissions to magazines and having to log onto my desktop/laptop just to adjust the size and dpi is a little annoying.

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been combing through user guides and tutorials on how to resize images in photoshop for iPad and I can't seem to find it. Is this not a feature ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can resize an image on Photoshop for the iPad. Please checkout this section "Transform objects" in the user guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/transforming-objects.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 
How do I access document settings for an existing document. Is there a way of changing canvas size or to just view the document size properties etc?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that pixel dimesions appear in the crop tool, but these are not possibe to edit accurately. Nor does this show it in mm or inches. or does it show any colour profile info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately there is no way to resize an existing document in Photoshop for the iPad currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all!

Just opened Photoshop on iPad and it feels pretty good to play around using the Apple pen.

I am working with a client who insists on receiving the JPEG I send them set to a particular size and particular DPI. The crop tool allows to control the size of the image, but is there a way to check out and change the DPI within the app? If not, is there any other way I could modify the DPI setting with some other app once I have exported the JPEG? I know Lightroom doesn't do that either.

Also, is it possible to change the setting of the crop tool so that it displays the size in something else than just pixels?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

Thank you for the response however ,the link you sent was for desktop photoshop . I guess what I'm trying to do on the iPad version of photoshop is have the ability to change the resolution and dpi of an image after I set it. In desktop photoshop it's a simple sub menu under the image tab but I can't seem to find it in the iPad version. Thanks again for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop for the iPad does not have the support for image size controlling yet.

Feel free to share all kind of thoughts and feedback on our Feedback community so that our Enginers can look into it: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing. Simple resizing of an image to a specific pixel width and heigth. It is very simple in PS Desktop under the image menu option. Any help here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to resize an image to exact demensions like you can in the Image\Resize Image in the Desktop version of Photoshop. Is this possible in Photoshop for IPad?

Thank you,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, as you seems to already know, you can't resize a picture into Adobe Photoshop for iPad...

a matter of facts, you can't do especially much in PS for iPad... Almost everything that makes Photoshop great on desktop is missing in the iPad version...

If you really wants an substitution to PS on iPad, go for Affinity Photo! Just now only 10 bucks on AppStore (one time fee)...

Look into this table that compairs Affinity Photo to Photoshop, both iPad version:

E2CD7F96-5950-441A-8B4A-E5D9A16A04BE.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
It would be good to have access to the project info, being able to resize it and change the dpi like desktop version.
The brush also got a annoying lag. This problem doesn’t happen in Procreate.
Would be great to have more filters like noise etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your vote to specific topic for lag https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/apple-pencil-lag and create a separate topic for adding noise. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest giving user the possibility to reduce or enlarge the UI size and elements? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first versions of Photoshop for the iPad do not support image size control, but you can vote for the topic here:

Photoshop mobile: Ability to resize image

As a work around for now:

If you want to resize a photo, you can create a new document with your specifications and then import a photo into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to be able resize and change the resolution of images in photoshop for iPad. It’s a really basic feature of most photo editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resize and change the resolution of images in photoshop for iPad. It’s a really basic feature which is needed very often

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- I would like to have the ability to resize an image on the IPad as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this tool/feature is crucial to my workflow. Would be a useful addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to resize an image is essential and would greatly enhance the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Ipad Pro version on IOS but i can not resize my work before export. I feel sad, i have paid such money for advertisement on photoshop ipad. i bought and ipad pro to use everywhere but i can not resize my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Paid such money for advertisement on photoshop iPad..."

???  Paid to whom? I am not aware of Adobe soliciting paid advertisements and Adobe does not make the iPad, Apple does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think people are expecting the full functionality of Photoshop and Lightroom on a device that is not big enough to support it. Photoshop is an ENORMOUS lot of code, tablets and phones do not have anywhere near the memory nor storage  that is available on a well equipped PC or Mac; that expectation is unrealistic. An analogy would be to spec out a fully equipped 40 foot Diesel Pusher RV but expect it to be no bulkier than a bicycle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably just give Affinity Photo a go. Apparently they can write software that will resample an image on an iPad. Affinity Designer is excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, gee...I didn’t expect a phone that would let me do even 1/10000000000th of what my phone does today 20 , or even 10 , years ago. I remember when a computer took up a whole room and could only provide one function : keeping up with attendance numbers. So yes - with the changes I’ve seen, and the speed of it all changing once nanotechnology and whatever else is the technology today - I certainly will not be surprised when it reaches full and beyond desktop technology - at least on the iPad. What makes you think the evolution won’t continue ? I may not be paying attention to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate