• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rotation of canvas on iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anything else, Rotation of canvas in Photoshop for the IPad needs to be in your NEXT update.  I started using Photoshop once you installed a rotation of canvas tool.  Before that it was just a computer software tool.  Before any other tool is installed PLEASE install Canvas Rotation!!!!

Idea Released
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

This feature is in the current version of Photoshop for iPad.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
40 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see in the app what features they are currently working on (though there may be no guarantee to it).

I totally agree its good to have but for now have you tried to select Crop tool > rotate the image > adjust the crop to the rotated image? It may sound tedious compared to a simple menu to rotate (its even available in PS Express) but if you need it now, that may be your only option (as far as I have checked so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, is there an option to reset gestures? I am unable to freely rotate the canvas as shown in 'Gestures'. I'm sure it initially worked for me but it has since stopped and I can now only pan using the gesture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you can lo longer rotate the canvas using gestures. That shouldn't be happening. 

Is this happening with every project you try to open/work on? Or one/some in particular?

Have you resetting tried your canvas? Double tap anywhere in the canvas to fit canvas to the screen and recenter.

Note: The reset canvas gesture works only when you are working with the Move, Transform, and Place Photo tools.

Here's the list of all the gestires you can use on Photoshop iPad: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/touch-gesture-shortcuts.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try resetting preferences for the app as it is an unexpected behevior: 

Refer this article to know how to get to the section "Reset preferences on quit" : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/app-settings-ipad.html#general-settings

Reset preferences on quit: To reset to default app preferences, quit the app from the App Switcher. To do so, swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your screen and hold until the App Switcher appears, then swipe the app up to quit.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried reset preferences on quit but the issue still remains. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the same issue occurs. It happens on multiple documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone have a solution to why the canvas won't rotate? When i first downloaded the app, it worked, now it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per roadmap this functionality is forthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either, and this after just installing the newest update. I'm starting to wonder why they even bothered releasing such a useless version of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the trouble caused. I will check with our Engineering team and provide next set of troubleshooting steps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the gesture you see on the in-app "view gestures" help page that shows two finger rotation works when you are using the transform tool but does not apply to the layer or document.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, there's no way to rotate the canvas with gesture controls. This is a serious problem for anyone who's ever drawn on a tablet - just like a sheet of paper, we need to be able to turn the canvas for ideal drawing angles. And no, turning the canvas via cropping tools are not the same thing as just placing two fingers on the screen and twisting them. Please correct this and make my monthly payment worth it, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I see that, however, I was able to freely rotate the canvas at any time while having any of the tools active when I first installed the app. I only raised the issue since it was a function that worked initailly and now doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request this via the feedback link in Settings, or go straight to the feedback website. Here’s the link to the main categories page: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys! For some reason, in the Photoshop for mobile app, when i try to rotate and resize the canvas using my fingers, it seems to be locked. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and there is nothing under preferences to resolve it! Surely this is not natural, its been dragging on for weeks now and still no bug fix😤. Does anyone else have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it too! I cannot rotate! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i last posted, i was told this feature is forthcoming, but its been like this for a few weeks now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have a little patience.  Its a feature that's coming soon.  Just keep an eye out on these forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this? I'm trying to with my fingers but it won't rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature isn't available yet. According to this Adobe blog post, we'll see that in the first half of 2020:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creative/photoshop-reimagined-for-ipad-the-journey/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please! I like to keep my iPad on a platform when I draw so I need to rotate it digitally 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! But I did just figure out that you can lock the screen rotation in the control center on the iPad. Works for me!!
(Control Center is where you adjust volume, brightness, airplane mode etc. A simple swipe down from the upper right hand corner.)

Votes

Translate

Translate