• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Apple pencil (2 gen) lagging when drawing on Photoshop for iPad

Participant ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first it worked just fine but after five minutes it started to lag. So enoying! My iPad Pro 2018 is new, also the pen, and I only have three layers in the file.

what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a non-Apple pen designed for use on the iPad (2018 iPad Pro 11-inch.) It works great in other apps such as Apple's Notes, with very fluid responsive strokes, just like writing with a pencil, but in Photoshop there is a slight delay as I write or draw with the brush tool. Perhaps 1/2 second between a downward stroke and the image appearing. I agree that is annoying. Just enough delay that I find it difficult to use in Photoshop. It may be useful to confirm that your pen is working properly in other apps. Then we would know if this is a Photoshop problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! Same here - the pen works just fine in other apps, the delay only occurs in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you will see a delay if the smoothing is too high, maybe is that lmk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll jump in here- Turning smoothing off, restarting hasn't solved the issue.  (I have the same issue as the originator of this thread, but using a 2nd gen iPad Pro.)

Thanks!  Looking foward to resolving this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't make any difference, I'm afraid. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, in fact I also have faced the lagging issue while using the Apple Pencil ( but I have been experiencing this when trying to highlight points in PDF books on my IPad using the highlighter option in Adobe PDF reader. I would appreciate if someone can provide some help or guidance on how to resolve this issue.

My I pad is in tune with the latest software updates from apple.

Any suggestion or help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this was over two years ago, so I am sure this is no longer your issue but may help someone out in current times. The lagging is still there in photoshop on ipads, and I have a 2022 generation iPad pro with a gen two apple pen. The lag hasn't been fixed yet. However though, to draw or edit, use Adobe Fresco. It is in the Photoshop family since it is an adobe product, of course. With fresco, you can even draw with a vector brush instead of converting. But it edits smoothly. There is a learning curve because it is laid out slightly differently than Photoshop on iPad. But Adobe Fresco works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines