Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with photoshop for ipad pro- cut out and save image

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a two part question.

1) I have .jpg and .png images. I am trying to cut out a part of the image, then save the cutout to insert it into a separate page. I am having trouble saving the cutout as a new image. My goal would be saving them to my apple photos.

2) If I can't save the cut out, then the next best solution would be to reduce the size of the images. The .png's are screenshots that are 11-14 mb in size. I can't find any way to reduce the image size. It may be there, I just can't find how to accomplish it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Have you tried importing each of the files to a different layer in Photoshop on your iPad?

Put the subject you want to keep on the top layer and the background on a layer below it,

You can try select subject or any other selection tool available to remove the background from the first layer.

If you want to remove the background and save the cutout only as a png, you can use the Publish and export option. Under Format, select PNG as your export format. 

Here are some related links that you ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried importing each of the files to a different layer in Photoshop on your iPad?

Put the subject you want to keep on the top layer and the background on a layer below it,

You can try select subject or any other selection tool available to remove the background from the first layer.

If you want to remove the background and save the cutout only as a png, you can use the Publish and export option. Under Format, select PNG as your export format. 

Here are some related links that you may find helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-open-save-ipad.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/user-guide.html

I hope that helps.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as saving, you can Tap the export icon (it looks like an arrow pointing up out of a box) in the top right corner and select Quick export > Save to Files to save your document in JPEG format to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud, or any other third party app, or select On My iPad to save to any location that is already configured in the iPad Files utility. If you prefer to set a size/quality other than "large", then you canTap the export icon and pick Publish and export, select a file type as well as the size/quality and then select export and choose the destination.

This document explains export options if you would like to read more on the topic:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-open-save-ipad.html

I hope that helps.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines