Exit

🔎 Open Lightroom photos in Photoshop on the iPad

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps QUICK TIPS header-2022.jpg

Edit Lightroom mobile photos in Photoshop on the iPad

Did you know that you could can photos from Lightroom mobile into Photoshop on the iPad for additional editing and then save them back to Lightroom? Well, now you can! You have the option to save them as cloud documents instead if you prefer. Here's how:

Select a Photo to edit

• Open Lightroom mobile
  • Select the photo you wish to use
  • Edit the photo if you like

A 1 Landscape in LR.jpg

• Tap the export icon in the top-right corner
  • Select Edit in Photoshop

A 2 Edit in Photoshop.jpg

• Your photo will open in Photoshop on the iPad so you can make edits

Edit in Photoshop on the iPad

• Make any edits to the photo using Photoshop on the iPad
  • I imported another photo and masked out the background

Choose where to save it

You have two options after you edit a photo from Lightroom. You can save it back to Lightroom, or you can save it as a cloud document from Photoshop:

• To save the file back to Lightroom mobile after editing in Photoshop on the iPad, simply choose Send to Lightroom in the upper-left corner of the Lightroom to Photoshop workspace

A send back to LR.jpg

• To save your file as a Photoshop cloud document,  tap the icon with the three dots and select Create Photoshop cloud document

A save as cloud doc.jpg

Note: After saving your Lightroom photo as a Photoshop cloud document, you no longer have the option to save it back to the Lightroom workspace

Find your recently edited photo

• In Lightroom Mobile, Click on Recently Added to find your newly edited photo!
  • You'll be able to find your cloud documents by going to Your files while in PS iPad

If you want to learn more about Lightroom in little bite-sized chunks, visit the Quick Tips home page.

Related links:

This is also posted on the Lightroom Ecosystem forum

Easily edit your Lightroom photos in Photoshop

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a portrait photographer. I upload my full size raw files to my computer and upload to Lightroom. I'd like to then edit the exposure in Lightroom on my iPad then hand off to Photoshop on my iPad for more detailed editing. How do you make sure you are sending the full size Lightroom photo to Photoshop and back? I don't want to lose any quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines