• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud documents disappear

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my iPad Pro, I can't see a cloud document file that should be there. I can see the file on cloud from desktop version of Photoshop.

When I firstly tried to open the file on my iPad, the file was there. The file was large; it took some time to download. The download dialog was shown. And then, my iPad went to sleep automatically. I woke my iPad, I no longer can see the file. The download dialog was gone. Download didn't seem to be continuing. The file was not shown in the Cloud Documents. I still could see the file on cloud, from my desktop PC.

This happened to me twice. First time it happened, the file re-appeared after more than 24 hours. The second time, it is now, I'm waiting for the file to appear again.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It re-appeared. This time, it was one or two hours. Still, this is a big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop on the iPad 1.0.1. The problem is still there. Today, I uploaded another file from my desktop PC, started downloading on my iPad, it went to sleep, the file disappeared. It's completely reproducible. 

Can anybody reproduce this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi H_,

If you go to Your files can you see your file? If so is it under  1)"Synced Files" 2) "Cloud Documents" 3) "Mobile Creations" ?

assets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The file can be seen under "Cloud Documents" on Your files when the file cannot be seen in Photoshop on the iPad. From the web interface, the file can be seen even on my iPad.

It looks like Photoshop on the iPad looses the file at the wake up from sleep. By the way, iPad can continue downloading even when it is sleeping, can't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with the issue of trying to download your photoshop files from the cloud to your ipad? My macOS, ipadOS on ipad pro and all photoshops are the most recent releases. 

Here's what is going on.

When I go to the photoshop cloud documents on the ipad, the files from my mac are there, perfect. So I then go to download one of the files and it just sits there with the Opening dialog box saying 0% and that this takes longer with slow connections and large cloud documents. With my internet connection speed, it should be a pretty quick of a download for a 17mb file. 

I decided to restart and I was able to get the 17mb file downloaded but I can't get anything else to download even after restarting again. Also once my ipad goes to sleep, I have to redo the download process again because nothing was downloaded.

Anyone with thoughts or a fix on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm experiencing a similar (perhaps the same) issue. I reported here.

I think we are reporting important issues. Why aren't adobe staffs responding at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reporting bugs and feature requests, you're more likely to get the attention of Adobe Staff here:

Photoshop Mobile

Note that this is directlyaccessible from right with Photoshop for Mobile by going to App Settings, General, Help, Send Feedback.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open files just fine; even all of the layers show up. Problem is, you can't do anything with the layers because the tools aren't available.

Somehow this feels worse than if it wouldn't open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hopefully Adobe gets us some updates so we can actually use the photoshop on the ipad pro. Been over a year since they announced photoshop and so far it is a fail. Maybe I should have just switched to Affinity photo, those guys seem have their stuff together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

If you go to Your files can you see your file? If so, is it under  1)"Synced Files" 2) "Cloud Documents" 3) "Mobile Creations" ?

assets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see my files on the assets link. The problem is it won't download the file to the ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files in assets are not cloud documents: What is the difference between cloud documents and Adobe Creative Cloud Files?

They won't automatically show up in Photoshop for iPad.

You can open them if you have the Creative Cloud app on your iPad. Once you have the CC app installed and your signed in, you can go back to Photoshop for iPad's home screen, then click "Import and open" choose "Files". Click "Locations" in the upper lect and choose Creative Cloud from the Browse Locations to show files in your Assets folder. You can open from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I better workflow to get them onto your iPad as a Cloud Document is to open the PSD on your desktop, choose Save As, click "Save to Cloud Documents" and click "Save." The file will automatically sync to your iPad and show up in Cloud Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As my original post stated, I was able to download one file but nothing else will download.

On my mac, I did the "save to cloud documents" originally, they show up in the cloud documents with the link you provided, they also show up in photoshop on my ipad pro under "your work", "Cloud documents". In this location, there is the little download cloud icon and tapped that to download. I did get one file to download after being a pain to get it to actually work. When I tried to download the other files, it sits at 0%, never downloading. And when my Ipad Pro will go to sleep, Photoshop throws the whole download process in the trash and I have to try again. My internet is not the problem as I have tried from various locations and various times of day.

I just used the slow workflow you described and none of the files I saved (and can see everywhere else) using the "Save to Cloud Documents" in photoshop on my mac show up, not even the one photoshop file I was finally able to download using the easy workflow I described.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff- 

Which tab is it saved under? 

Is the file saved as a PSD in files, or as a cloud document in the Cloud docs tab?

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the link that was provided, under Your Work, Files, Cloud Documents, everything is saved. I do not see a Cloud docs tab. And this is all being viewed from my Mac. As described before, I was able to get one file downloaded after doing a restart of my ipad but nothing else will download, it just sits at 0%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When all else fails, delete photoshop and reinstall. Seems to have solved it, wish I had thought of that sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This constantly happens to me, making photoshop for iPad virtually useless. I have deleted and reloaded in numerous times; it works once, then fails. When the cloud documents do sometimes reload it takes over an hour. I have zero issues when using Fresco; all dloud docs show up quickly, load and save flawlessly. All this is driving me to use Procreate more and more  on my iPad and forget about using the combination of Fresco and Photoshop, though I really like both apps when Photoshop for iPad actually works.  

HELP, Adobe -- this is ridiculouse, when so many of us are having the same problem. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines