• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop constantly crashing on iPadOS 13.4

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, long time listner, first time poster!

I've been enjoying photoshop on my ipad pro for almost a month, using it for several hours on a daily basis.

However, since I updated to iPadOS 13.4 the app keeps on crashing, constantly, or rather, 99% of the times I tweak or finetune (change the size, add/remove parts of the selection) an selection or transform the selection. I tried different photos/layers/selection sizes but it keeps on crashing making the app un-usable.

Has anyone else experience this? Is there anything I can do to fix this myself apart from sending the crash-reports or do I have to wait for an update?

Thank you,

Francesco

{Thread moved and renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

13.4 beta 3 was released yesterday and appears to address the crashing issue. I you are able, please update to the new beta and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same story and problem.. I loose progress constantly, so I have to save one work 10 times or more. Very enjoying.

do they have a solution? I run the latest updates on my iPad Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Motoadonis,

Sorry about the crashes and for the need to alter your workflow around them. 

The frustration in your sarcasm is very understandable.

We don't have a solution to provide you with at this time unfortunately, but are working with Apple to provide one ASAP.

Can you also confirm your installed version of iOS/iPadOS, and that Photoshop is v1.2?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing on the iPad, could you please try updating the Photoshop app to version 1.2 via the App Store and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for getting back so quickly. 

Yes, it happens with v1.2 just like with the one before that.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know Fmei, and apologies for the crashes. We're currently working with Apple to resolve this.

Hang in there.

We'll update the thread here when we have more information to share.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I updated to the latest version of ipadOS (iPadOS 13.4 public beta 2) and the crashes still persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there an update on this? I have 2 days left on my free trial month and was thinking of bundling the photoshop subscription with my already existing lightroom subscription - but I don't know what to make of this.

(what happens to my photoshop documents saved to the cloud if I don't renew the subscription?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fmei, 

We're still working with Apple on this and the fix for this should be included in the next beta release of iPad OS. When that comes out, would you give it a try and let us know your results?

With regard to your second question of what happens to your cloud documents if subscription is not renewed, the account would eventually revert to a free account that would have 2GB of storage. You would want to export your Photoshop cloud documents out as PSDs for local storage. See the "creative cloud storage" section here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html#WhathappenswhenIcancelmyCreati... 

Let us know how else we can help.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, is there a rough ETA on the next update?

I know that you probably can't "force" Apple to push updates, but from the updates frequency in the past, it could be days or weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not privvy to any ETA for the release. Looks like beta 2 came out 2 weeks after beta 1. Perhaps within a week or two would be my rough guesstimate.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.4 beta 3 was released yesterday and appears to address the crashing issue. I you are able, please update to the new beta and try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Beta 3 this morning and have had great success using PS today. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting absolutely out of hand ! I own a corporate head shot and commercial landscape photography business, and i can't edit anything! I have been on hold with adobe for a very long time with no luck to talking with anyone. I can't even edit a picture 2 minutes in without the app crashing. I can start my edits but the app crashes within a minute or 2 and doesn't save any progress I make. This is horrible and I need to edit the pictures I take for my customers. I NEED THE APP FIXED ADOBE! The Lightroom app works great but I can't do as much on that, then what I can do on photoshop. This is causing days cut off from my work and leaving my customers unsatisfied. I don't pay monthly for an app that doesn't even last 5 minutes before crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. It's supper frustrating. Have you found any solutions? I've found that preparing the export the document following every action will at least save a good portion of work before the next crash. However, this is ridiculous and I've decided to cancel my subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is also happening to me quite frequently..... it's super frustrating. the app will constantly freeze and then just ultimately crash. The iPad Pro is a powerful machine well capable of running this app so I'm not sure what the issue is?! it almost makes me want to just cancel my subscription and find editing software elsewhere...... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  My solution has been to work on an image for a few minutes, put my IPAD down, go do the dishes, mow the yard, fold the laundry etc, then return to work a few more minutes on the image, put the IPAD down, go down the dishes . . . And so forth.  How about adding a simple Save button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what alternative apps would you recommend switching to? I'm having this same issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are comforatbale doing so, you can update to the iOS13.4 beta 3 build to get the fix for the frequent crashes. Otherwise the fix will be available when 13.4 update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, this is not a stable app at all; keeps crashing without saving my hard work 🙂 I will use Procreate and Affinity Photo instead. Adobe go and fix this issue, I already send you thousands of crash reports, use them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud installed on my iPad so that I can use the brush tools easily. However it is nearly impossible to get anything done. The crashes have increased in frequency. I used to be able to draw for a minute or two before it crashed but now, by the time I select the color and hardness of my brush Photoshop chrashes. I've tried reinstalling the app. Please help. It's completely unusable in this state. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest seed of iOS13.4 (beta 3) has a fix for this issue. You can join the Apple beta program to get that version of the OS  https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/  otherwise, it will be fixed when the OS is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines