• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop on iPad Pro fails to launch after previously working OK

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since January, I've been using Photoshop on my iPad Pro (2018, 512gb, 300gb free) currently running PS ver. 1.5.0 with automatic software update enabled. As of a few days ago, it was getting slower to launch PS and I've even had it fail to launch, with a white screen only, no splash screen as I see with Lightroom launching, for perhaps 20 seconds, and then it'll just go back to my iPad home screen. Try launching again and it may or may not launch. Even if PS has successfully launched, returning to it later on the iPad, it may not be accessible so I have to re-launch. Restarting the iPad does not solve the problem, nor killing other open apps. Lightroom and other apps are launching OK. I have a few (under 100) 30mb TIF files under the "home" screen in PS but I don't think I've overtaxed the system by any means. I deleted PS and reinstalled, and it was working OK again, but then after a few days it began failing to launch but this time is making it to the splash screen, then returning to the home screen after about 20 seconds. As of today it will launch about every 5 attempts. On the other hand then it'll work fine for a while. I do not get a crash report option from Adobe when the non-launch occurs. I did have a couple crashes a while back while moving layers, etc. which generated a report that I sent in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset prteferences first , uninstall and reinstall the program, and finally try the lastest beta release available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chuck, I did not scroll down far enough to see there was a separate area for PS Mobile. My apologies. For others who read this, I'm trying Francesco's first suggestion "reset preferences" (which I learned is done by opening the application switcher on the iPad, by swiping up from the bottom to the center of the screen to show open apps, ((this maneuver may take some practice however, be sure to stop swiping up in mid-screen)), then swiping up on PS to "close" it, then re-opening PS) and will see how it behaves over the next day or two before moving on to the other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem continues on a daily basis, at certain times Photoshop on the iPad will not launch but remains stuck on the splash screen for about 20 seconds before the iPad home screen then appears again without the app launching. I reset the preferences (many times), restart the iPad, to no avail, though it will start working again randomly as I keep trying to launch. Sometimes PS is blazingly fast to open, then it will get stuck and not open to the point I switch over to Affinity Photo to complete my work (I downloaded Affinity because of this issue, in case I'm in the middle of a job I have to finish). I have not reinstalled PS a third time but will try that when I have time to mess with it. I do not know how to install a beta version on my iPad if that is possible as suggested above. I have auto-update turned on however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines