• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to import raw files on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t import a simple Nikon Raw (.nef) file into photoshop iPad. The foto is on my iPad I can open it from files app but photoshop is not able to import!!!!!

Idea Released Locked
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

You can now import raw files directly into Photoshop on iPad, without needing to go through the Lightroom app. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/camera-raw-file-support-ipad.html

Enjoy!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Importing of raw files is now available via the Lightroom iPad App.  Please see https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/june-2020-photography-releases/ for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most asinine unprofessional nonsense I've seen from Adobe.  It's absolutely astonishing that they've dragged their feet for this long, hyped this crap incessantly, and then utterly fail to deliver something this simple AND ESSENTIAL.  Then they want to take a poll to see who wants to keep having to convert often hundreds of large files into a friendly format for a piece of software adobe claims approaches the gold standard set by the current desktop iteration. It's ridiculous! Stupid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my iPad Pro doesn't import /opening RAW files to edit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please improve the painting tools, needs smudge, dual brush, and persistent controls for flow, strength, opacity etc. Legacy modifiers ctrl, alt etc. incorporated into touch modifier button. Really no need to completely re-invent the wheel, just a solid version of photoshop free of bloat like we had years ago! Adobe Raw Convertor for ipad pro please please please!!!!  I’ve been a photoshop user since the software was a toddler, using it for commercial and personal photography and illustration. this mobile version needs a great deal of development to be as useful as the desktop version.  Waiting patiently but Affinity photo might just capture my heart in the meantime! Get a move on Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will PS mobile support RAW files? It seems like a very basic requirement since serious photogs shoot in RAW and of course LR already supports RAW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing of raw files is now available via the Lightroom iPad App.  Please see https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/june-2020-photography-releases/ for more details.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Adobe RAW extention/add on to PS APP for IPAD PRO users the Raw options are not the same as desktop RAW features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Adobe RAW extention/add on to PS APP for IPAD PRO users the Raw options are not the same as desktop RAW features

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been one to use photos I take or find online by directly importing them from my camera gallery, but after my new IPad update it seems that photoshop will no longer allow any photos I have to be imported directly to the document. I never had this problem with importing raw photos directly until now. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make sure your device is allowing access to the photos? Go to settings on your ipad and Privacy and go to photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe mir ein Ipad gekauft (Ipad Pro 1Gen.) um auf diesen Photoshop zu nutzen.

Jetzt musste ich leider feststellen das ich keine RAW Bilder importieren kann.

Nach einiger Recherche erscheint es mir als bräuchte ich dazu 'Camera Raw', konnte jedoch nichts darüber in Erfahrung bringen wie ich an Camera Raw herankomme oder wie ich es benutze. Mehrere Forumen konnten mir bisher nicht helfen und ich hoffe ENDLICH auf eine Sinnvolle Antwort...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe mir ein Ipad gekauft (Ipad Pro 1Gen.) um auf diesen Photoshop zu nutzen.

Jetzt musste ich leider feststellen das ich keine RAW Bilder importieren kann.

Nach einiger Recherche erscheint es mir als bräuchte ich dazu 'Camera Raw', konnte jedoch nichts darüber in Erfahrung bringen wie ich an Camera Raw herankomme oder wie ich es benutze. Mehrere Forumen konnten mir bisher nicht helfen und ich hoffe ENDLICH auf eine Sinnvolle Antwort...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the time being, you can use Lightroom to import your Raw images, and from Lightroom, you can send them to Photoshop for editing.

Additionally, it may be possible (you will need to try) to import a RAW file to your Camera Roll, and then import to Photoshop from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Please see https://theblog.adobe.com/june-photography-releases/ for more details.”

@Rikk

That link goes to a Page Not Found error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes stuff moves on the internet in old links. I have updated the link to this old post.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. 
Just got the new iPad Pro 2021 with the M1 chip. 
Got raw files on my Sony Alpha A99ii and I'm trying to get them onto the iPad for editing. 
currently says unsupported files. Can anyone help with this. 
Thanks in advance👍🏻8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Photoshop on iPad to edit my photos. 
I'm shouting Sony full frame 42 megapixel raw photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPad will display the photos but photoshop on iPad says the files are unsupported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultmqoc63vugc3n 

The supported file formats for placing a photo in Photoshop for iPad are: PSD, PSB, TIFF, JPG, and PNG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/place-photos-ipad.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can now import raw files directly into Photoshop on iPad, without needing to go through the Lightroom app. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/camera-raw-file-support-ipad.html

Enjoy!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate