• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relax now by making a doodle sketch

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unleash your creative side: Use the brush tool in Photoshop on the iPad to create an animal doodle drawing

Do you ever sit in a meeting or talk on the phone with pen and paper nearby and find yourself filling the whole paper with creative doodles? Me too! Now, with Photoshop on the iPad, you can create digital doodle sketches to hone in your brush skills or inspire your next big project! 

Follow these simple steps to try your hand at creating fun doodle drawings using the brush tool in Photoshop on the iPad. Unleash your creativity and give it a try!

Completed doodle. Pattie FoxhovenCompleted doodle. Pattie Foxhoven

➊ Create a new file

• Open Photoshop on the iPad and create a new file 

IMG_0424.PNG

➋ Trace or draw the object

• Create a new layer above the photo layer by tapping +
  • Long press or double tap on the brush icon see your brush choices

Select a brushSelect a brush

• Tap on a specific brush to select it
  • Set your brush preferences in the brush settings

Brush settingsBrush settings

• Set the size of your brush by tapping on the brush size and moving the slider

Set brush sizeSet brush size

• Start your drawing by tracing the outline of your subject

Quick Tips:

• I prefer to use the hard round brush with 100% opacity, 1000% roundness, 0% angle, 100% flow, 20% smoothing with use pressure for size and use pressure for opacity turned off
  • My bold outlines are usually done with a brush setting of 20-30 pixels
  • See Draw and paint with brushes  for more information on brush options

Here is the completed outline of the dog: 

OutlineOutline

➌ Section off the white space

• Next, tap + to add a new layer for this step
  • Adjust the size of your brush as desired
  • add lines to divide the white space into sections

SectionSection

Quick Tips:

• I prefer to set my brush size to 10-15 pixels for this part
    • If you add a new layer for each step, you are less likely to impact lines from another step when erasing mistakes
    • Zoom in where the lines intersect and erase or add strokes where needed to maintain clean edges

➍ Fill the sectioned off areas with patterns

• Create a new layer by tapping + to add a new layer for this step
      • Adjust the size of your brush as needed
      • Draw patterns in each enclosed area of white space
      • Zoom in to inspect the line intersections and clean up the edges as needed

The patterns in the dog bring her to life

Pattern fillPattern fill

Quick Tips:

• I prefer to set my brush size to 5-10 pixels for the patterns, and smaller for little details
  • Try painting some areas black and erasing to create a pattern for some sections
  • As an alternative to using the eraser tool, you can  hold down the touch modifier (the white circle) with one finger to temporarily turn your brush into an eraser

The dog is fully unleashed!

Completed doodle. Pattie FoxhovenCompleted doodle. Pattie Foxhoven

➎ Share your creation with the Adobe Community and on Social!

• Share your Photoshop on the iPad doodle sketch as a reply to this post! 
  • Tap the share icon and select Publish and export to save your creation to your device or social media
  • Socialize it! Share it out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with #MakeIt #doodlesketch #photoshopontheipad for a chance to be featured on Adobe's page

Here are a few sectioned off outlines for you to practice with or you can make your own. Happy doodling!

KoalaKoala         FoxFoxZebraZebra .      CowCow

Want to learn more? Check out these helpful links:

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted to move it out of least to most replies sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great resource.   I doodle A LOT of animals to wind down.  These were done in either Photoshop or Fresco

01ed18b4-23bb-401b-94d4-88e2aa053300_rw_1920.jpegfb4993e4-49dc-4543-9a46-439e40bab2fd_rw_1920.jpeg27d4d73e-90cb-4639-9796-eedcb61332f1_rw_1920.jpega9ef0369-e2c4-4a7b-b9a2-7038fb2b6b6a_rw_1200.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice sketches, Dave! I doodle in either Photoshop or Fresco on my Ipad. I like taking drawings from fresco into Photoshop to adjust colors and play with things after I'm "done" drawing. Photoshop is also great for trying "what if" scenarios before committing them to paper when doing traditional paintings.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines