Restore erased areas?

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! This should be easy, but I can't figure out how to un-erase and restore small touch-up areas I previously erased from original photos.

I don't mean sequential undo's. But later corrections to restore parts inadvertently erased from a layer. I can erase all I want later - but not restore! Every other photo editing app I've used - Picsart, Pixelmator, SuperimposeX - have easy methods to switch back and forth between erasing & restoring. Please tell me how I can do that in Ipad Photoshop....

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about ipad Photoshop but in Photoshop proper one ideally doesn’t erase pixel content but uses Layer Masks. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the History Brush Tool to restore content if it exists in a snapshot. 

The default setting is that a snapshot is created at opening an image. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,
Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum for you.

Instead of erasing, create a Layer Mask to hide the parts you don't want. Then later, when you want to make corrections, you can paint on the mask to hide or reveal the image.

See details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/select-mask-on-ipad.html

~ Jane

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines