Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

THIS IS PHOTOSHOP! MY IDEA FOR PHOTOSHOP 2.0 on IPAD PRO

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To me, Photoshop is not Procreate. Photoshop is Photoshop. The professional tool I used to use to do professional work, so I would like to introduce you guys to my idea. Sorry in advance for bad English but I'm Italian.

This is a very bad thing I tried to edit and I hope anyone can appreciate it. I am not a designer so I'm sorry for the bad alignment and stuff of thigs but is to get an idea of what Photoshop is meant to be. (at least for me).

MY IDEA: PHOTOSHOP 2.0

Senza titolo-1.jpg

What can you see I am thinking about Photoshop CC full desktop version on Ipad pro, It's not Procreate, but Photoshop.. the one all we know.

List of things I would like to see on the changelog:

• NAVBAR

Again this is Photoshop, not Procreate, so we (professionals) need a navbar. There is all that useless used space by the Navbar we can add all the elements we want, so I just added previous Photoshop UI stuff like all the context menu. Now is far better.

Also, we can shrink and compress the navbar to gain more space vertically, since IpadPro is a little screen, that 0,2 mm would be a HUGE gain! 

Also with content menus on the Navbar is all easier to release in the future for Adobe, all new addons and new things and stuff!

• LAYER PANEL

For example, I found distracting the container layer size. Is too wide, We should have an option to drag it at our likeness, so we can gain extra space to add some other things like colors, or we can just have more space for the canvas to draw. I don't think you guys rename layers with longer names like "pleasetogashikeeponhunterxhunter" no? I may rename it "Color" or "Value" or "Line". Very short! But keep on reading.

• PANELS GROUPS

In Photoshop CC desktop app there is a possibility to group and dock which panel we like and make our custom workspace. In Photoshop CC Ipad Pro, there is no way.

I would suggest giving the ability to create a personal workspace because each of us has different preferences.

• FOR EACH TOOL, A PANEL

As I said before, we need each tool, that can be selected by the new navbar in the "Windows" section, to have a popup window for itself.

For example, if I go on "Window" and select "History", it will popup to me a Panel of the "History" so I can dock it and group to all others I have, and I can resize it how I want to match my likeness. 

This is valid for each feature I hope that will be released on the Photoshop CC Ipad Pro app (you can see in the Photo what the Window menu should have on the list)

ds.jpg

• LIQUIFY

This does not need any presentation. This tool is very powerful and I know that they will release it with time! 

• FILTERS

I don't like the way you added Filters to the right because it will interfere with the workflow since at the right I wanna pick a color, change layer, select my brush on the tool preset window, apply an adjustment to the image, but not select a filter

Again I suggest adding in the navbar the textbox "Filters". Easier and cleaner.

Of course, we would need all the filters, but the most important would be just enough for a 2.0 version! 

• SCREEN RECORDING

This is a very interesting tool that allows artists to record their drawing process.

Procreate does create a time-lapse based on each stoke record made by the artist but this not record the entire UI so it will be useless for an artist that maybe wanna teach something to show what he has done!

I suggest to create an internal recording tool, to record all the iPad screen.

You could say "You have yet Apple screen recorder that is perfect", yes we can use that. But what about if Adobe Photoshop CC on Ipad Pro would have it integrated? It will be using less power and energy, and also have some options!

You Think!

• BRUSHES

I don't see how we can import .tpl or .abr files. I hope it will come soon the possibility to do so

I would also suggest having the "Tool preset" panel because we can create our custom workflow with that! 

• APPLE PENCIL BRUSH CURSOR HOVER

This is the most important thing, nobody has implemented. I know that Ipad and Apple Pencil don't use the same technology as Wacom, but if you worked to get it on desktop, why could it be not possible also on the iPad? 

This will be a huge thing! 

You may say that it is impossible to do because the pencil uses an active technology so it will need to be near the screen to be recognized by the software, but if this could be done, do it. If we will see the brush moving when we are very close to the screen, we don't care. We will appreciate. And also we could have an option for that to toggle on/off for people who don't like this.

• APPLE PENCIL  PRESSURE CURVE SETTINGS

I suggest an in-depth curve pressure/tilt settings for the Apple Pencil like there is one on Clip Studio Paint or Procreate. Any of us have a different hand pressure when drawing. We would just love this! Please do it

• APPLE PENCIL LAG

I suggest fixing an apple pencil. It has an enormous lag sometimes even on the new powerful Ipad! 

• COLOR MODES

Nice, you're working on Yet! Appreciate It!

• CUSTOM KEYBOARD/GESTURE SHORTCUTS

I suggest giving us the possibility to adjust as our likeness, each shortcut or some gesture!

• ADJUSTMENT LAYERS

I suggest that we need more! All we have on the desktop app! 

(I suggest to make them come also on the panel, so one can undock and group when opened)

• EXPORT

I suggest that we would need more exporting formats like the desktop app!

• COLOR PICKER

I suggest to make it also an undockable panel like others so when we want we can arrange it for our likeness. It's missing color harmonies that would be of huge help!

• DPI SCALE SETTINGS

I suggest giving user possibility to reduce or enlarge the UI size and elements? 

So this for me is all I would like to see for now in the Photoshop CC app for Ipad Pro.

I may think that Adobe has missed the meta for this app as they have done with Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Elements, etc, etc.. I don't want this app to be a "spin-off" I just want to be Photoshop CC where I used to do professional work on it!

I will support adobe, I don't like the subscription thing, but if we are paying for updates and improvements, please listen to your community!

Please, any of you guys explain your idea below this post so we can have all a clear vision of what we want together! 

I hope Adobe will read this and provide tools to their engineering and design team to make good work,

we don't need a "minimalist" app. We need tools for doing professional work. So add :)! Thanks, Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Felicitaciones, son excelentes sugerencias que debiese tener Photoshop y así ser  un buen programa para Artistas , Diseñadores , Creativos / Fotógrafos 

Lo han logrado otras Aplicaciones y Adobe lo puede lograr . Tal como la reciente Aplicación Adobe Fresco lo está logrando ..Procreate- cada día es mejor y se esfuerza en seguir avanzando.

Existen excelentes aplicaciones de efectos, entre estas PaintCan - PaintMe 2 , ; estos gravan lo que se va logrando ) que Adobe Photoshop y Fresco debiesen tener .

Photoshop para escritorio tiene plugin / efectos propios  

www.camusartist.com 

camusartist@gmail.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, a long long list of improvments...

A it is now, it's more or less useless for the majority of desktop users of Photoshop...

What did Adobe think when they released this version to iPad? It's not even close to Photoshop Express...

I have said it before, but, if Serif Ltd could make Affinity Photo so so powerful on iPad, why couldn't then Adobe produce an amazing version for iPad?

They have had almost ten (10) years to go since the first release of iPad back early 2010, so, they can't blame the time limit...

I'm pretty sure also that a version of PS for iPad with the same features and functionalities as Affinity Photo will take at least two years to develop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration with missing features.  A lot of them are coming soon.  If there's others you want, feel free to suggest them.  I know people want the desktop version on the ipad,  but its interface isn't really easy to use on there.  Believe me,  when I used the desktop version of PS on my iPad via Astropad its menus are incredibly small.   This is an app that they pretty much had to build from the ground up and as a result,  features had to be left out as they develop.  I think it would be worse if they did add the features to the app, but have it be broken or horribly hampered.  All I can say is to have a little patience and to take advantage of the feature suggestion feature on the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, Dave, honestly, do you believe self on that statement?

Had to leave out certain functions because of the small UI size on iPad... Hmmm...

Leaving out color swatches? You kidding... Curves?

Adobe have left out features and functionality that occur on desktop Photoshop already in early 1990's... This is insane... Magic Wand...

Adobe have had almost ten (10) years time to develop something special for iPad, but, concering Photoshop you have failed...

Demanding 10 bucks per month for this crippled version is perhaps the most unbelievable...

Adobe should have waited yet another year and released a PS version on pair with Affinity Photo for iPad, but, current version 1.01 is almost useless for the majority of desktop users of PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave!

I don't want Photoshop CC mirrored on Ipad, but a similar composition of that because we have our brain trained to respond at the Desktop App. I just don't want this to be like Photoshop Mix you know!

It would be awesome to have a navbar with menus, also to select which windows to view on your workspace, also to pick the "tool preset window" or the "color picker window",  move it and group on the right, resize it, dock, undock, all things that come in the desktop app.

Since all of us have a different workflow, I would like the Photoshop CC on Ipad pro, not to have fixed panels, because there will be no customization. I would like to have the opportunity to make my own workspace and see also the apple pencil brush hover (with the brush actual size).

This to me means Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving this such careful thought and for sharing your ideas. I can see that you have put a lot of time and thought in to creating this list of enhancements. I have forwarded your ideas to the product team to take a look at.  

We have plans to add many additional features moving forward and we appreciate your feedback regarding those that you believe are the highest priority for your workflow. You can also add your votes to existing feature requests and create your own at the link below:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

Best regards,

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really happy that you guys saw this! 

I saw that Clip studio paint has done a Porting of their app entirely on the Ipad Pro. It looks the same and its good to use! (They have just got all the feature we have on the desktop).

Anyway if you talk about features I reconnect to the one I written on the topic! The most important we should have in the next versions are :

NAVBAR (I suggest to make main menus at the top. There is a big border space being unused)

PANELS GROUPS (I see this yet on Fresco app, but I suggest to make "resizable" panel and "groupable", and so not fixed in their size, for example, see the layer or brush panel. we cant resize, undock, move, or group)

FILTERS & LIQUIFY

SCREEN RECORDING 

APPLE PENCIL BRUSH CURSOR HOVER (The most important)

I would suggest working on that atm. I think to be able to see the apple pencil cursor, but with the actual brush size, its a game-changer for many 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines