• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools on iPad

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any burn tools and dodge tools among the Photoshop functions used in the iPad? I want to use it, but I can't see it, so please contact me. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"please contact me"

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum for you. I'm sorry, but this is a public forum, and any answers will be posted here, and you will not be contacted directly. 

Dodge and Burn is not available (yet). Feature requests for Photoshop for iPad can be made here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_mobile

I see that Dodge and Burn has already been posted, so add your request to this post for the engineers:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dodge-and-burn-in-photoshop-mobile

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit elementary to have to request a simple dodge and burn tool on an app that has a monthly charge for full functionality and from a company that has produced many apps before photoshop on iPad. I beta tested this app last year, so I'm dumbfounded as to why it still isn't implemented. To a buyer, even someone that is a faithful Adobe follower and doesnt mind paying countless fees, when you supply an app like this that's missing core functions, rotating the canvas, burn and dodge tools, etc. feels a bit inconsiderate. Like your giving us only part of a toy to play with but charging us as if we have the whole toy. This is why people complain so much about fees. Give people what your charging for in order to justify price. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests for Adobe Staff should be made to the feedback forum instead of to this user forum that is answered and read mostly by volunteers.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dodge-and-burn-in-photoshop-mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While there are no Dodge and Burn tools in Photoshop for Mobile yet, there's no reason you can't do it the old school way, which is also completely non-destructive:

1. Create a new layer on top of your layer stack and name it "Dodge and Burn"

2. Set the layer blend mode to "Soft Light"

3. Choose the brush tool, and set the flow to a very light value like 10% (Flow is in the 3 dots menu below opacity and hardness in the brush tool panel)

4. Set your color to black, and paint to burn. 

5. Set your color to white, and paint to dodge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines