• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update on Windows 10 ARM Compatibility

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 4 months since the Surface Pro X was announced and Adobe stated they would be releasing natively compiled CC apps for ARM64 devices and we haven't heard so much as a peep on the matter since. Any sort of timeframe would be appreicated instead of just leaving your customers in the dark.

I get these are complex apps and it's not an easy process but what about the CC Desktop app? I can't imagine that would require so much time to recompile. Right now I can only install v4.9 because 5.0 is 64-bit only and that still runs on emulation which means taking a battery life hit just for the ability to sync my files and fonts. Releasing a native version of 5.0 before PS/LR/Fresco etc. are ready would at least make it easier to keep track of which versions are actually compatible so why not push that through sooner rather than later?

As paying customers, the least we can get is some transparency about this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-disclosure agreements preclude anyone who knows anything from discussing new products until Adobe gives the all clear and releases an official announcement about it.  In the meantime, we must all wait and see what happens.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ni Nancy, not totally sure this is a Correct Answer more just a shoulder slope of a difficult question. Fresco was demo'd 8 months ago on a Surface Pro X (ARM64 or Win32 emulated), and looked like a complete product. It wasnt demo'd on the Surface Pro 7 or any other device, so surely it cant be too hard to confirm if it is or isnt going to happen, perhaps the only reason Adobe went on stage was to big themselves up, embarrasing as that may look. I bet if Adobe went on stage at an Apple event, the product would have been straight out the door.

Real poor show from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I bet if Adobe went on stage at an Apple event, the product would have been straight out the door." Platform paranoia strikes again. Photoshop for iPad (not iMac as I typed) was announced in October 2018 as "sometime in 2019", released in November 2019 (oops I first typed 2017, which would have needed a time machine). Bizarrely, some people went out and bought iPads on the strength of the announcement and began complaining bitterly around January about broken promises...  Can you link to Adobe's announcement, it would be nice to know what they promised. Will Windows ARM be the next big thing or a white elephant? If Microsoft had got 64 bit emulation working we might be having a different discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If Microsoft had got 64 bit emulation working we might be having a different discussion."

Whats wrong with it... apart from software companies like Adobe not delivering product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the 64-bit emulation is that Microsoft haven't made it, they have sold a crippled computer and told us it is the future. After years of telling companies like Adobe that 64-bit apps are the future, and millions of apps being made, they then made a new computer that wouldn't run them. Yet, the older 32-bit apps which Microsoft told us we should drop (and which Adobe did drop) run in emulation. Microsoft are to blame for this debacle, and by failing to deliver emulation they have probably doomed their new computer platform to an early death. Very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 arm runs 64bit apps. It is 'arm64' not 'x64'.

Emulating x64 on arm64 is one thing but adobe claimed more CC software will support arm64 natively after Fresco and we got nothing not even a news artical after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure they are watching the sales. Adobe don't make their profits by throwing money at a platform that someone says will be the future. Microsoft have done this many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nhưng tôi có thấy tiền đâu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines