• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add copyright symbol © in Photoshop Mix

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add a watermark layer in Photoshop Mix on an iPhone 7. I can add ordinary text but not the © symbol - either via copy/paste or via the emoji keyboard, or even setting © as a text shortcut - it won't appear as text in Mix. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

There is a way completely using your device, but it isn't that simple. Having an image with the "©" symbol on a white background that you can make with Spark or another Meme creation tool, you can import it into Mix and apply a Multiply blend to it. Of course, it would be nicer if Adobe could access the Emoticons on the keyboard to place the symbol directly into Mix.

You could also bring your finished Mix image into Spark and place the symbol there. Again, not easy, but doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

I agree with you that there is no option of inserting the copyright icon within PS Mix but I am passing that feedback to the product team for the resolution or workaround.

Until then I would suggest you send your file to Photoshop desktop app and there you can definitely add the icon.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena, it would be very useful to be able to add the © symbol to images within the app on iPhone (and iPad). The whole point of the app is being able to make such a change when mobile and away from desktop.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way completely using your device, but it isn't that simple. Having an image with the "©" symbol on a white background that you can make with Spark or another Meme creation tool, you can import it into Mix and apply a Multiply blend to it. Of course, it would be nicer if Adobe could access the Emoticons on the keyboard to place the symbol directly into Mix.

You could also bring your finished Mix image into Spark and place the symbol there. Again, not easy, but doable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks creativejake - those are good suggestions and do work.

ISpark lets me create the watermark but has a limited range of fonts available, and oddly doesn't have Verdana, which I always use. It seems Spark is intended for social media memes etc when (as you say) really what Adobe need to do is provide the same functionality to Photoshop Mix or Lightroom CC Mobile app so we can simply copy and paste the © symbol. This should be easy: a tiny amount of coding would make life a lot easier - especially when the apps are intended for photography anyway. I've since found Ezy Watermark Lite has a better range of fonts so will use this until Adobe fix Mix.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines