Highlighted

Idea to improve Mix

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where is the best place to post ideas to improve Mix?

Should I post under the Photoshop tab here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Or just post them to this forum?

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will pass it onto the product team for future improvements.

Regards,

Sheena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Idea to improve Mix

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where is the best place to post ideas to improve Mix?

Should I post under the Photoshop tab here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Or just post them to this forum?

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Sheena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 18, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Please post your suggestions and feedback here so that we can forward it to the product team.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...

First, let me say that I love using Mix. I have suffered RSI for more than 20 years. I have particular trouble doing cut outs with a mouse, and I have used a tablet and stylus with a computer. But I find doing out cut outs in Mix on an iPad much easier as I can trace directly over the image.

But it can be a bit time consuming. A couple of tweaks to Cut Out mode could make it much more efficient and quicker to use.

I hope all this helps. I can supply visuals if you are unsure what I mean.

Regards,

Simon Bebbington

PIXEL SELECTION

SMART CUT OUT MODE - SMOOTH CURVES

I love the idea of smart cut out. The drawback is that sometimes the line it draws is somewhat jagged, so I have to trace over it with a fine pencil to smooth it out.

Could you add a button to ‘smooth the curve’. Not the feathering available elsewhere in the app, but making the line flatter, like adjusting the Tolerance and Threshold settings within Clipping Path in inDesign.

SMART CUT OUT - REMOVE KEYLINE EFFECT

Also in Smart Cut Out mode, the app seems to err in favour of ensuring all of the ‘subject’ is made visible. But this often lets a slight bit of the background become visible too. This means that the subjects often have what is in effect a coloured key line around them. Again, I have to trace around the subject in Basic mode to remove the background colours.

So could you add the option of telling the app to trim a few pixels off the edge of the cut out so that the key-lining effect doesn’t happen. Maybe call it ‘’Favour inside colour only’ or ‘Remove outside colour’.

BASIC CUT OUT - PAINT BUCKET

When cutting out manually in Basic mode, the user has to cover every pixel to select it. If the user has brush with a feather effect, or is using a solid brush over a large area, there is a danger of some pixels not being selected.

Please add a ‘Paint bucket’ function where the user draws an outline with the start and end path joined to create a closed path, then the clicking the paint bucket function selects every pixel within the outline (including any feathered areas on the inside edge of the closed path).

VISIBILITY

ALL MODES - ADD COLOUR TO DESELECTION MASK

Sometimes it can be hard to tell if a white area of the subject has been selected or not as the ‘deselection’ effect makes washes out the image.

To check I have selected all the white bits I need, I have to add a colour layer below the image layer. This works when I view the image, but when I go back into Cut Out mode, the colour layer is no longer visible so I have to try and remember what white bits I missed. It can take several attempts to get them all.

Please add a toggle switch to turn the deselected pixels a different colour (with let the app choose a colour not used in the subject image, or let the user choose from a colour wheel.

ALL MODES - TOGGLE OFF DESELECTION MASK

With dark images it can be hard to see through the ‘deselection’ effect to see which bits to add to the cut out.

Please add a ‘view without deselection mask’ toggle to make it easier to cut out shapes of similar colour. Maybe when turning off the ‘deselection mask’ effect, the area that has been selected to be included in the cut out could have a tint added over it to make more apparent which pixels that have been selected.

ALL MODES - FINAL VIEW

To see the final view of the cutout, the user has to close the file. But this means if a bit needs tweaking, the user has to go back in and remember where to edit.

Please ass the ability to see the final view within all the Cut Out modes.

Maybe have a toggle ‘views’ toggle switch panel to cycle easily between the above view modes.

FILE MANAGEMENT

FILE IMPORT - NAMING

At present new files imported into Mix are give the name ‘New composition’.

Could they adopt the name the file uses in the Adobe Cloud, or have an option to name them either when they are imported or from within the file.

EXPORT - CROPPING

At present I can’t seem to crop the image to leave just the past I have cut out, so I export a file with a lot of dead space in it.

Can you add the option to resize the artboard to the bounds of the cutout artwork, as per Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 0