• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Fonts to Photoshop Mix

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if you can add the "import font" feature in the next update or so, 'cause when adding text first came out, I was excited until I realized you can't import custom fonts to Photoshop Mix. So, I thought it would be a good idea for you guys to add the "import fonts" feature in Adobe Photoshop. So, if someone wants to import any supported font (.ttf, .otf, etc.), then they could use the Photoshop Mix app to import them.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Thanks for the feedback.

I will pass it onto the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

I will pass it onto the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My exact need. To be able to use my libraries. We have branded typeface and the app is useless if I can't use/sync/import our branded typeface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I contacted the developer of the application Any Font which allows to install fonts on the ipad. he replied to me this message below so I take the liberty to soliciter on the subject:

The most important prerequisite to use the installed fonts is that the using app allows you to change the font at all. Unfortunately, this is not the case with all apps, like for example the Mail app. However, the installed fonts are available to any app on your device, the respective developer just needs to access them just like Apple’s iWork apps or Microsoft’s Office apps do. If you have a special app in which you want to use your fonts, please get in touch with its developer and ask him to add support for accessing your device’s fonts. There is currently no running list of supported apps. If you want to be sure beforehand, please ask at Adobe if they support changing fonts in their app.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did ya pass it on because it's been over two years now. iOS 13 supports the custom fonts API and I use my creative cloud downloaded fonts in every app even video editing with luma fusion but none of the adobe apps which is strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my comment iOS 14 has come and go and iOS 15 is on the horizon. Still the basic fonts in photoshop mix to choose from. It's great how an app can stagnate for so long. Also the colour fill option doesn't work it's gas. The slide goes past the screen for nee colour layers 😂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be incredibly helpful for businesses. Would be amazing if we could get the option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anything please add some fonts that aren’t so plain and boring. I end up saving what I’m working on and then opening it in a different app to finish it off just because the other app has a better font selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well recently started using photoshop mix more often. Started looking into custom fonts. Amazing iOS 13 supports custom fonts. Adobe then went all out and 1,300 custom fonts for ID holders and 17,000 for CC subscribers. So just like adobe being the child who half finished the project in school and said he would finish it next week decided to make the fonts available to all other determined developers of third party apps on iOS using the API but using photoshop mix I have a choice of fonts that scream of hey look I'm an amateur and I created this to hey look I made this it's my 10th project and they all scream no originality or uniqueness because all the fonts on my projects look the same. 

why in gods name would ye release 1000s of creative enhancing fonts for iOS use and not integrate them into yer own apps for instance photoshop mix. 

Ye actually state on yer site 

The fonts can be used on iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 apps that support custom font APIs.

so either yer developers are asleep at the wheel or they are on holidays. 

be honest is everything ok at Adobe HQ ? How ye fail to use adobe customers like to use adobe products and love integration. So do ye want me to find another app similar to photoshop mix so I can use adobe CC fonts that they take the time to integrate these fonts using the fonts API ? 

I can't for the life of me think how ye can't see this is lazy business. 

think about it, all someone has to do is create an Adobe ID and they get 1,300 fonts that are accessible in non adobe apps when the developer doesn't have a load of sleeping developers who actually code for a living. 

compared to me and many others who pay a subscription fee for Adobe apps and services and get 17,000 because you know we pay money and can't access these fonts in the adobe mobile apps because it seems paying customers aren't priority. 

yer business strategy is that of legend I must say. Let's give usability and creativity to Timmy on his free app but hey paying customers you can download the fonts and integrate them into iOS but look we dunno now about getting them to use in our actual apps. That seems like hard work. We will get around to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it's just the fonts that come with the desktop version of photoshop, no third party fonts needed. I use papyrus on the desktop version of this and am really disappointed that something this basic isn't available through the iPad app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah what kind of photo shop is this. Useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to see this functionality. I've been waiting for over two years 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been about 5 years. 
iOS is at 15.3. 
Now Photoshop Mix is no longer on the App Store.

From June 2021.

The issue still hasn't been fixed.

Sad really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now Photoshop Mix is no longer on the App Store. From June 2021.

By @.....me.com

Photoshop Mix reached end of support two years ago and is no longer being updated. It was replaced by Photoshop Express, which has both a free and paid version.

The ability to add custom fonts is available in the Premium version of Photoshop Express. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/custom-fonts.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines