• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Transparent Background image exports - wrong formats and crashes in Ps Mix

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned by somebody else, but I wanted to provide all the info I have so far on this issue I've been experiencing.

I have been using PS Mix for about 4-5 years at least and it's been one of my favorite apps, which I use at least a couple of times per week or even daily.

Unfortunately, since the last weeks of November something began messing with my use of PS Mix and it's been ruining my user experience - the background is no longer transparent when saving/copying to clipboard.  I've literally never had issues with transparency on the background until then. It is still happening even though I have tried every single format option for exporting (Auto, PNG..) I've tried pretty much messing with all options I could find but all my ways of exporting always get a filler white background. I've also recently downloaded those exports from my PC only to discover they were all JPG files despite specifically selecting PNG or Auto.

The ONLY alternative to this (without leaving the device all-together and using other tools to export the image) is to select the option SHARE and press Image - this allows me to pick where I wanted to share it. It does work with my preferred messenger apps and it does send the image with the correct format and it's background is transparent.
However, as soon as it is sent, the app freezes and locks down. Until you force-close the application and kill it fully, the app is completely unusable. And let's agree here that if you want to send a couple of people something, you wouldn't want to kill the app and relaunch it, wait a few seconds for the images to load, send it again and repeat for every share.

Has there been a change to the app that broke all those features that were perfectly fine until then? Is it something that is on the list for fixing?

The ease of exporting directly to clipboard and throwing my transparent works in a chat app - it's kinda one of the few reasons I love this app.

I really hope there is something that can be done to fix this. Thanks in advance for the assistance on this. 

Dean

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Import and share , iOS , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines