• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay issue

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to overlay an image on top of another image And what I had overlay the image I’m trying to put on top disappears. I took a screenshot but I guess this form does not allow you to upload images

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

HI John,

No problem. The difference between the picture with Tierra and the one with the man, is that in the case of the man, the top layer is not square and doesn't fit into the frame. If you cropped the top layer to a square shape (ideally before bringing it into Mix) it would fit the frame as the second one (Tierra) does.

Note that in both cases, the photo layer is set to "Difference" blending mode, which interacts with the frame and logo color to produce the unusual effects (this will change f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

When you overlay one image on another, the top image needs to either have an opacity less than 100% (to make it partially transparent) or to have a blending mode set other than normal (something like Overlay, Screen or Multiply is typical).

Here’s an example (see below) using the Overlay blending mode. Note the option is set by tapping the top layer to access that layer’s properties. In this case, the top texture layer is blended into the underlying layer, providing the texture.

Also note that you can indeed upload screen shots if you are posting from the forum itself. Just click the image icon at the top of the editor window.

Mike

B32A8178-2955-42E7-BD59-B4A2D4198C9C.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

84E6C5F0-10FE-4E22-B1C1-9B8331275831.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

From your image, it looks like you don’t want bland modes... the difference blending creates the weird interaction between the photo and the frame and wolf logo.

What you you really want, I think, is the have the frame and wolf graphic on a third layer above the photo. You’ll want to trim the photo to fit within the frame, but place the frame on top of the photo.

Ideally you would remove the black area from the top layer. In Photoshop there are more possibilitlies, but in Photoshop Mix your workflow is more limited.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange it worked the other way... that’s all I did the other image that I posted… And it came out perfectly.  This one is not coming out tHe same way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the other one for comparison?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E13EECA2-2FBE-4189-B6F9-DA9E05E0D8EC.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way Michael...thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI John,

No problem. The difference between the picture with Tierra and the one with the man, is that in the case of the man, the top layer is not square and doesn't fit into the frame. If you cropped the top layer to a square shape (ideally before bringing it into Mix) it would fit the frame as the second one (Tierra) does.

Note that in both cases, the photo layer is set to "Difference" blending mode, which interacts with the frame and logo color to produce the unusual effects (this will change from image to image depending on what colors are in the photo. Where the lower image is black, Difference blending mode has no effect and the top image (photo) is shown with no changes.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is wierd...because all the other photos i have done (about 15) it cropped them on their own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines