• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop and iPad

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a 12.9" iPad hoping to be able to work on my photos on it and then found out that there isn't a complete Photoshop version for the iPad. If I subscribe to the cloud, can I use the iPad that way/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

To get more info about Photoshop for the iPad, head here and sign up:  https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photoshop-ecosystem.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minimum System requirements for Cloud Programs... scroll down and check each program

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Adobe products: desktop, web and mobile applications | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I subscribe to the cloud, can I use the iPad that way/

Yes, perhaps, maybe, but not with Photoshop on the iPad. Depends on what you want to get out of your workflow.

There is a variety of tools available for the iPad Pro in a photography workflow. Photoshop is not one of those options but other tools include: Lightroom Mobile (fast and syncs edits back to your desktop via the Adobe Cloud), Affinity Pro, Apple Pencil, Photoshop Mix and Fix plus a host of other 3rd party apps.

See if this brief overview by Tony Northrup gives you some ideas

Using an iPad Pro as Part of a Photography Workflow | Fstoppers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For iPad OS, you can use Adobe Illustrator Draw, Adobe Capture or Adobe Photoshop Sketch.

Adobe mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

To use the full scale version of Photoshop however, you need a desktop.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop not fully available on Ipad ! Definitely a shame !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Sketch works on iPad.  Download it from the Apple App Store.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering Nancy,

but really, even if Adobe Photoshop sketch is a nice little application (within the cloud of nice little apps developed by adobe for ipad), it is far from matching what a professional photoshop user expects... Even for drawing and painting it is far below Procreate and the recent evolution of Mangastudio (can't recall the name) or other independant solutions like paintstorm, basically a copy of Photoshop, what Adobe could have offer us at least...  Adobe Sketch compared to these ? Well it is just a nice little sketch app...

And it's really a shame that Adobe didn't take that turn seriously by providing a professional application considering the ipad pro is really a pro machine for graphists and digital painters, and Photoshop is definitely The profesionnal application for graphists and digital painters as well as photographers...

I use photoshop everyday for work. I wish I could use it on ipad pro but I sadly had to move to Procreate  and Paintstorm to keep working professionnaly when using my ipad pro.

I wish Adobe would grant us with a real Photoshop version with most of its functionalities but redesigned for the ergonomie of the ipad pro, instead of developping a dozen of small apps which are more widgets than pro apps... Not meaning the developpers of these small apps did a bad job, but there is real lack in Adobe's policies towards ipad pro's users who are also Adobe products pro users at the same time ...

Well some day in the future may be ( ipad pro 12.9 inch has been released in 2015, thats only three years now...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the apple pencil would be the ideal tool for Photoshop.  Selecting pixels is the most time consuming task. Could be so much easier with a pencil than a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree. The obvious and significant demand from iPad users is not being understood or met by Adobe. Be careful guys, or you will lose your market position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it sucks Adobe doesn’t see the potential. They have been letting smaller companies like Affinity/Serif  and Procreate, along with all the different Vector programs eat their food.

Also, for sketching, look at Autodesk’s Sketchpad, it’s free and makes “photoshop Sketch” look like an amateur’s first program.

All these little fragmented programs that all handle a different task are ridiculous. It would be ok for non paying memebers just to get them hooked on creative cloud, but for those of us that pay, we should have fully functioning programs and not have to go to third parties. Luckily most third party programs can export to PSD files.

Also, I haven’t tried it yet, but there are programs like AstroPad Studio that mirror you Mac on your iPad so you can control it over WiFi. But that’s another expense and still not perfect like iPad optimized versions of photoshop and illustrator. There are other options for Windows also.

But, Adobe has done a great job with Lightroom on the iPad, so hopefully that’s a sign of things to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get more info about Photoshop for the iPad, head here and sign up:  https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photoshop-ecosystem.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Done, and done.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to somehow beta test this,  would signing up get me on the list to beta test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sorry if this not right thread, I was trying to find answers but fail:(

Please help - I would like to buy IPad Pro only for Photoshop needs but :

1) Will Kyle T Webster brushes packs which I bought year ago work on IPad Pro Photoshop?

2) Is there CMYK mode on Photoshop for IPadPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea as to what the Photoshop for the iPad Pro has,  but I am pretty sure Kyle's brushes would work.  They want to keep parity with the desktop versions, so they're not going to radically change the brush engine and make in not compatible.   And I'm sure that it would allow for CMYK as well.  Once again.  let me state, that I don't have any clue what its capable of,  but these are things that I'm pretty sure if not certain that are going to be there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines