• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Mix App Overlaid Image Not 100% Opacity

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Photoshop Mix app on my iPad, the overlaid image is set to 100% opacity but the background image partially is visible through it.  How can I get the foreground image to a real 100% opacity?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

freezedried  wrote

When I use Normal, her image disappears.  I tried the various options and the Color one works best but the background still bleeds through a bit.

It sounds to me like your Layers are out of order. The layer with the single girl should be on top, and set to Normal. This is not a case for using other blend modes. All the blend modes except Normal result in a semitransparent mix.

Can you post a screen shot showing your layers?

Regarding your other issues:

When I save an image, i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

That is strange!

Have you tried to import the image again and then make sure you have the correct layer selected to set the opacity?

Also, can you please confirm me the OS version on your device along with the app version installed?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, you may also refer Overlay issue for the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

My granddaughter was sick when her second grade class picture was taken and she was heartbroken so I wanted to add her into the picture but am not having much luck with the final overlay. I tried the example but when I tapped the Overlay option, the two Images became glued together and I couldn’t work with them. Here’s an image of my screen. Both images are entitled, “Mix Layer”. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena. I keep trying to find a way to overlay an image without the background showing through. Here’s an example of the problem. The little girl on the left was overlaid into the picture but the background still shows through. Opacity of her image was set to 100%. I tried 99% it got the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, I don't see any screenshots in your responses.

Would you mind posting them again? Refer to the highlighted option below to attach a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

The picture is there. For some reason, the image has a large white space on top. Just scroll down my last email to see the picture.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, would you mind sending us the detail via in-app feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing.  Here’s the example.  The little girl on the left was added to the background photo but the background partially shows through.  Opacity for her image was set to 100%.  See picture below.

E8C82A21-CF79-4077-BE8E-94C3C841661D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set the layer’s blend mode to overlay? Try changing it back to normal.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Normal, her image disappears.  I tried the various options and the Color one works best but the background still bleeds through a bit.

A couple of other quirks are: 

1.  After I save an image, then reopen Photoshop Mix, the app locks up at the logo screen.  I need to shut down and restart to get it to open again.

2.  When I save an image, it adds a large white background, mostly at the top.  I need to open it up in another app and crop it to remove the large white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using an iPad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

freezedried  wrote

It sounds to me like your Layers are out of order. The layer with the single girl should be on top, and set to Normal. This is not a case for using other blend modes. All the blend modes except Normal result in a semitransparent mix.

Can you post a screen shot showing your layers?

Regarding your other issues:

When I save an image, it adds a large white background, mostly at the top.

I can’t seem to duplicate that, but again seeing a closeup of your layers may provide a clue.

Sorry that I don’t have any suggestions for the app locking up. Maybe Sheena Kaul​ will have some further ideas there.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael, I too am unable to reproduce the issue as the screenshot are not coming through in forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines