Copied

how do you retrive things saved to clipboard in photoshop mix

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Hey

I can understand your frustration here, but let me suggest a few things that may help.

AFAIK, there is no way to paste in PS Mix at the moment. You can duplicate layers in an existing project, or export an mage based on the current visible state of the layers to use in other projects, using a Creative Cloud library.

The paste functionality works in other apps, so if something you wantedto add something you were working on to another document (like notes or a text document) then you could paste

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dillon,

I don't think there is an option to retrieve the things from the clipboard.

Generally, we can import the files from CC libraries or device memory.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What then is the point of a clipboard, if the items placed there cannot be retrieved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my question too. I've scoured the web looking for answers to no avail. How to paste an image, especially between compositions in PSMix?

The only option is to insert an image layer from a composition in the CC library. Make sure it is available offline just in case.

But then what is the point of a copy to clipboard function in PSMix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

After you tap Copy to Clipboard from Image Layer panel, you can just hold to tap and then tap Paste.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena, but I could not get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let me know where are you getting the error or which step is not working for you so that I can help you better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, sorry for the delayed reply. I'm still not clear how to paste from the clipboard. I've tried tap and hold in various places - on the same layer, on a new layer, on the panel where it says Copy to Clipboard (hoping for a Paste dialog), in a new PSMix document, but nothing works. I don't see any option to paste. Please help, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I can understand your frustration here, but let me suggest a few things that may help.

AFAIK, there is no way to paste in PS Mix at the moment. You can duplicate layers in an existing project, or export an mage based on the current visible state of the layers to use in other projects, using a Creative Cloud library.

The paste functionality works in other apps, so if something you wantedto add something you were working on to another document (like notes or a text document) then you could paste it there (Personally I do this a lot if I'm working on a tutorial).

You can paste as a layer into the Mobile Drawing apps (Ps Sketch and Ai Draw) which is a very useful workflow if you're creating a photo-composite.

Maybe Sheena could submit this to the PS Mix team as a feature request?

Hope that helps

If this answered your question, please mark it as answered.

Important: From forums management; please read:

We have received a number of reports where some members of this community are posing as Adobe Employees by offering to help troubleshoot issues personally using technologies such as Skype as a means to gain access to your computer and potentially your personal information. All Adobe employees are required to have a red ‘STAFF’ badge below their profile picture, as well as an Adobe logo after their username. You can also see both the 'STAFF' badge and Adobe logo if you mouse-over their profile picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tony. Yes, that's frustrating and having a Copy function is misleading. Please Sheena mention this to the PSMix team. I hope we can have a Paste function within and between projects in PSMix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I apologize for the trouble.

I am going to report this to the product team.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to copy a layer to another project the solution is to- duplicate the project as it is and then delete all the layers that you don't want to copy over. Then save the remaining layer to your camera roll, open up the project that you want to paste to and then upload the layer you've just saved from your camera roll. Hope this is helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines