• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'PS Mix' re-order layers??

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this has been asked some time ago but the app updates have changed the process.

If I have 3 layers and then decide I want the top layer moved to the back how do I change the order? I assumed I'd just hold down one of the image/layer indicators on the right and drag it to the position I want but this doesn't work, you can't move them.

The only way around I've found is to reload each image in the order I want. But this is no good for experimenting with different ideas.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Just press gently until you see a change. It’s subtle, but once the layer transitions to the moveable mode, you can move it around at will. Here’s a short video showing what it looks like:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

Press and hold the layer thumbnail until it ‘grows’ and then you can drag it up and down in the layer stack.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply.

I don't know what im doing wrong but this doesn't work for me.

I tried again by loading 2 images. I can select each one independently by tapping on the thumbnail, but holding down on the thunnail doesn't enlarge it, so i still can't change the layer order?

I'm trying this from the main window. I also tried in the 'blend' and 'cut out' windows as well but no luck.?

Anything else i may have missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just press gently until you see a change. It’s subtle, but once the layer transitions to the moveable mode, you can move it around at will. Here’s a short video showing what it looks like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanka again. I actually found the app is a bit buggy. The menu kept disappearing intermittently and to make any a selection i foundi had to move someway below the actually button?

Anyhow a few force quits and I found if i drag the thumbnail to the left a little first it picks it up and i can reorder.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It seems this problem still exists in Android Version (Samsung A51). I cannot select the layer i want to move. Is there still a bug in the app? Same problem in fact to resize a layer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A year later I came looking for a solution to this very problem. So ditto this.

I'm on a OnePlus 8 Pro.

No duration of long press "activates" any sort of editing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines