Highlighted

Syncing layers in photoshop mix

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finger-pinch to resize a layered image in Mix, it affects only the selected layer.  Is there a way to get the resize operation to apply to all the layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing layers in photoshop mix

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finger-pinch to resize a layered image in Mix, it affects only the selected layer.  Is there a way to get the resize operation to apply to all the layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

As of now, we don't have that option but I can take it as a feedback and pass it onto our engineers.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

Thanks for your speedy reply!  What I need is the Mix equivalent of the zoom (ctrl-+) operation in Photoshop on the PC, which affects all layers.  Is that not possible in Mix?

Thanks again, John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Just to check, there is a layer selection button which looks like the encircled part in the image below:

You can try to click that and then see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

By experimenting, I discovered that if you deselect all layers (eg, by double-clicking on the image), then resizing actions apply to all layers.  But if a layer gets reselected(eg, by a pinch being misinterpreted as a single tap) then further resizing applies only to the now selected layer - a real nuisance.  Is there any way to lock all the layers together but still be able alter the opacity of each individually?

Also, can you pls tell me a url where I can find a users manual for PS MIx?

Thanks, John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2017 0
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John - I have that same frustration for zooming in and out of an entire project. It sounds like you are familiar with the desktop Photoshop's control over the layers. Within the Mix app, these controls are very limited. I believe your discovery that by tapping off of the layers onto the matte board around the canvas is the only way to zoom in and out as a whole.

Also, by placing one finger on one layer's image and the second finger on a different layer when pinch-zooming, this will create the same whole zoom effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2017 1