• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent PNG no longer transparent

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last two weeks, my Transparent PNG logo is no longer transparent in Photoshop Mix on my iPhone 10s Max.

Another transparent PNG does the same - a white background instead of transparent.

This is my Transparent PNG logo.

Any help? Thanks, Clark

A747303B-9999-4A5F-9355-0EBD656D7BFF.png

1607DAE6-73F5-4F6D-BCE2-3A0843813C5D.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may be an IOS issue.

I also have a video app, Videoleap, that has suddenly begin to have the same problem.  The transparent area of a transparent PNG is now visible as a white area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to recreate or create a new .png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...

I tried several PNGs, some newly created.

My logo had been used many times before, with transparent success.

Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you pulling the same asset from www.assets.adobe.com? Or are you using the same project over and over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologize, but your reply makes absolutely no sense at all.

What the heck is an asset?

I have an existing transparent PNG, one that I have used many times. It is no longer semi transparent in a Mix layer. It's background is white, not transparent.

i create others. I have the same problem.

This should not be rocket science,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I normally do not store my files in Creative Cloud, but on my computer instead,  I did not relate to the term "assets".

So I created an entirely new logo, with no background, just the layers.   I saved that logo as a PNG.  I then added the PNG to as a new layer to an image.   This is the result of that effort.

https://adobe.ly/35U49eW

The logo PNG is indeed transparent in the correct manner.  This is that logo.

https://adobe.ly/30shFp2

I wanted to be able to use that transparent logo on my iPhone, in Photoshop Mix.   I transferred it to my iPhone using the Files app.  And then saved it to Camera Roll so that I could access it.  (Photoshop Mix apparently does not support the Files app.)

When I brought the transparent PNG logo file into Photoshop Mix, the original transparent area became white.   Photoshop Mix did NOT do that before about one month ago. Suddenly it changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to check, but I think that it's the CAMERA ROLL that is the culprit.  I seem to remember having a similar problem because it generally supports JPG.

HEIF should support an alpha channel on your phone.

(here's the apple answer page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a transparent PNG file, created by desktop Photoshop. I first save it to iCloud, and then move it with the iPhone Files app to Camera Roll so that it can be accessed by iPhone apps.   This forum does not recognize PNG files, so I uploaded it to CC.  This is it..

https://adobe.ly/3akIvEa  

Incidentally, Photoshop Express does import  from Camera Roll it as a transparent PNG, but Photoshop Mix does not.

I then add it as a layer to Photoshop Mix.  This is the result.

14DE3A1A-7158-4490-B60C-BA9F911DC632.jpeg

I also do the same with a separate iPhone app.  I am including that resulting image in Reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3844C226-DBE1-4958-9C0F-3056CF3D3CFF.png

The separate iPhone app correctly renders the transparency of the PNG.  Photoshop Mix does not.   It did at one time, but does not now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same exact issue as you.  Its definitely an IOS issue but dont know how to solve it.  Up until today it always was transparent in photoshop mix.  Now its not.  Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem still exists, but there are two workarounds.

The first is to store your transparent PNGs in Adobe Cloud.

The second is to store them in the iPhone Files app, aka iCloud Drive.

Both solutions require extra steps. Storing them in Camera Roll no longer works.

Sometimes I don't feel like taking that extra step, and instead use a different app that does treat them as transparent PNGs. The app I use is "CutPastePhoto". Possibly less features than Photoshop Mix, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines