Highlighted

Unable to Connect to Google Photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hope someone can help me out with this. I’ve always been able to use Google Photos with Photoshop Mix until this morning. I get an error message that says “Sorrry, we could not connect to Google Photos”.

Please advise!! All of the pictures I use for my artwork is in Google Photos and not on my iPad.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Connect to Google Photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hope someone can help me out with this. I’ve always been able to use Google Photos with Photoshop Mix until this morning. I get an error message that says “Sorrry, we could not connect to Google Photos”.

Please advise!! All of the pictures I use for my artwork is in Google Photos and not on my iPad.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Sorry you're having troubles, and for the delay in getting back to you. As it was a couple of days ago, is this problem still persisting?

Have you tried signing out of PS Mix and then back in?

If you could let us know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Yes, I’m still having the problem. I’ve tried signing in and out of the PS Mix app and Google Photos as well.

I‘ve even checked my settings-Preferences in the PS Mix app and it says I’m connected to Google.   

—Jennifer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Mix. Not being able to easily access my Google Photos while using PS Mix is very frustrating and what’s even more frustrating is not being able to contact someone directly when there is an issue. Having to sit and wait and see if someone will respond to my question on a forum is a poor way to assist customers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

Yes, I’m still having the problem. I’ve tried signing in and out of the PS Mix app and Google Photos as well.

I‘ve even checked my settings-Preferences in the PS Mix app and it says I’m connected to Google.

I’ve even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Mix. Not being able to easily access my Google Photos while using PS Mix is very frustrating and what’s even more frustrating is not being able to contact someone directly when there is an issue. Having to sit and wait and see if someone will respond to my question on a forum is a poor way to assist customers.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jennifer

Sorry you're still having troubles and also for the delay in getting back to you but I can't always get back here at weekends.

I can understand your frustration but the issue may well be with Google Photos, and not the app. Please could I ask for some more information about what you're using PS Mix on? Is it the iPad you mentioned earlier and if so, is everything there up-to-date (as in current version of operating system and the Google Photos app (if it is installed)?

Please keep ion mind that PS Mix is connecting to a third-party provider, and some things are out of Adobe's control.

Finally—if I may, relating to your comment on assisting customers—I'm sorry that there has been a delay (as stated earlier) but in my own experience, I'd much rather get help from a dedicated community of professionals that know their stuff than someone sat in a call centre going through a script. While the mobile apps do not have such a well-established community as the desktop apps (PS and Ai have got a 30+ year head-start, after all) there are usually more people available; it's just circumstance at the moment. Your issue is important, and everyone will want to see you back up-and-running as soon as possible—so please try to be patient. Hope you do not mind me saying.

I will try and get the attention of someone on the team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

Thank you for understanding my frustration. PS Mix is my go to app on my iPad and iPhone for creating art. It’s something fun I like to do to unwind on my breaks or lunch. I guess when it doesn’t work like it has been it takes away from a fun part of my day.

By contacting Adobe I’m just trying to trouble shoot and work through every angle I can to figure out what is going on. For me at least posting in a forum vs contacting someone directly can feel uncertain-like “Is this monitored by administrators? Will someone ever even see this?” So again thank you for getting back to me.

To answer your question-the iOS is up to date on both my iPhone and iPad. The PS Mix and Google Photos apps are both up to date as well.

Again, thank you for getting back to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jennifer

No worries, and hopefully we can get some fun back into your day soon!

Glad everything is up-to-date and that was just to rule it out. I have messaged someone on staff and they are usually very responsive, so they will probably be on the case soon. They are in a different timezone (I'm in the UK) so it will be a few hours yet, but fingers crossed we can get this ironed out for you. I'll check back tomorrow before I start work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I've reported it to the product team and I'll update you when I hear from the team.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! ☺️

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s May 19 and I’m having the same problem as the OP had in January, and others have had since, and there is still no fix, not even an update?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m still waiting too; it’s frustrating. Accessing Google Photos is crucial to how I use this app. Accessing my pictures used to be seamless when creating my collages; now I have to sift through my library and download everything I might need and then some to my iPad. It was so much easier when I could simply pick and choose what elements worked and what didn’t with my pieces when I was able to connect to Google Photos.

I would also like to know if there are any planned updates for the Photoshop Mix App. I notice the Adobe Spark apps seem to get weekly updates but nothing at all for this app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Any update on this issue?

Thanks ☺️

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am still continuing to have this problem. I'm not sure if this forum is being checked or not. I haven't heard if there has been any update to this issue or not. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jennifer

Yes, it is still being checked and at the moment there is no update, sorry.

Please keep in mind that this is a problem where another vendor's product is concerned, so it isn't straightforward.

In the meantime, can you not download the photos you need to your device?

Tony

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

I was just checking in as I hadn’t heard anything and was still having the problem. Yes, I can download images to my device-it’s just the ease and convenience of using what I have in Google Photo. I make a lot of collage type art and  I have a lot of elements saved in google photos. Some things work and some don’t quite mesh with my creations so it’s just a convenience and ease of use issue, that’s all    thanks for taking the time to reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was first reported January 17th. It has now been nearly 5 months. When does it get to be a priority? You started by blaming Google so that you wouldn’t have to address it, but Adobe is supposed to be a top Tech company. In tech time, 5 months is eons and, at this point, it is just bad customer service. Are you saying that Adobe is not a top company with enough manpower to pull of a compatibility fix? I am sure it is about money and you want people to subscribe to the creative cloud. Well, I am a creative cloud subscriber and I like Google Photos better. It is more user-friendly and they don’t take eons to fix their Tech problems. You have something to prove to your customers here. Please get on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and here I am the 1st of August searching through forums trying to figure out how the heck you get Mix to link to photos anywhere, including through Creative Cloud, on my iPad, through iOS photos etc.

The only photos it is linking to are ones I literally took with this iPad. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And apparently that is Adobe‘s solution to the problem. Earlier in this thread someone from Adobe suggested I just download the pictures from Google Photos to my device and just access the pictures that way    The way things are going with this product we will eventually not be able to even access those. I just don’t understand why this app has yet to get an update when many of the others get what seems like weekly patches and fixes to bugs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I've been trying every which way to see the files but they just can't be seen. Even if they're moved into a folder that is seen by the app, the files aren't visible. Only the files that were previously there. I've downloaded them, shared them, moved them from folder to folder, nothing.

I wonder if this is intentional by Adobe to sell their cloud storage solution rather than play nice with Google Drive and File Stream.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn’t doubt it since it seems like there is pretty much no response to this issue.

Odd thing though-you can access Google Photos through the Adobe Spark Page and Photoshop Express apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Xericdx LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded it and having the same issue...I guess uninstalling it is going to be the only option...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines