• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which mobile app has the lasso tool?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased an ipad Pro with the intention of using it for photo editing (removing backgrounds), but I can't find the lasso tool in any of the mobile apps. Where can I find it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Hey arcweb2013!

You're in the right place. Photoshop Mix has the "cut-out" tool which acts as a lasso or masking tool. Using your finger or your stylus, you can cut out assets and combine them. Check out this tutorial for more info: How to combine photos with Photoshop Mix | Adobe Creative Cloud Mobile Apps Tutorials

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey arcweb2013!

You're in the right place. Photoshop Mix has the "cut-out" tool which acts as a lasso or masking tool. Using your finger or your stylus, you can cut out assets and combine them. Check out this tutorial for more info: How to combine photos with Photoshop Mix | Adobe Creative Cloud Mobile Apps Tutorials

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. That cut out tool works like crap, I tried it with the Apple pencil and it was like a bad eraser, it didn't make nice, clean edits like the Polygonal lasso tool. I thought the app would have tools like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arcweb2013,

I'm sorry that the tool isn't working up to snuff... that's really frustrating. Let me forward this info onto the team to get their thoughts and their eyes on the issue. You can also send your feedback via "Give us Feedback" within the app. That information goes directly to the teams. I believe this tool acts more like the quick selection or magic wand tool with a set tolerance.

Thanks!

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi arcweb2013,

Upon further exploration, I'm wondering if this will help. Try changing the selection type from "Smart" to "Basic". It should provide a much smoother result (see: image).

basic_selection.png

Let me know!

-Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines