• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Sketch and the other mobile apps be available on Android?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of a mobile digital sketch pad but I don't own anything other than Android products. Are Android users going to have to bite the bullet and buy a tablet they don't want for a program they do or, will there be a light at the end of this tunnel with apps for everyone to fully enjoy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 232 Replies 232
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the largest reason I'm disappointed in the lack of Android support is that there isnt pressure sensitive hardware for the Mac, without buying third party hardware/software. I honestly think it was too monopolize on hardware adobe has been rolling out rather than allowing existing platforms to dictate the software.  My perfect design environment would be a wacom cintiq, running on OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oye... so I see they finally have some of these apps for the worthless android... well for my phone, but not for my note pro running lollipop.  I don't think it works for any of my android tablets.  I wanted to use the pressure sensitive brush that comes with the tablet.  I had photoshop touch and ideas.... which were way too expensive  for what they did.  But now I don't have them and can't use any other adobe cc app other than creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathanrosenbomb wrote:

oye... so I see they finally have some of these apps for the worthless android... well for my phone, but not for my note pro running lollipop.  I don't think it works for any of my android tablets.  I wanted to use the pressure sensitive brush that comes with the tablet.  I had photoshop touch and ideas.... which were way too expensive  for what they did.  But now I don't have them and can't use any other adobe cc app other than creative cloud.

Not sure about Ideas (which I think was pulled totally), but if you bought PS Touch, you can still download it via your Google account at Google Play.

None of the new mobile apps are unlocked for tablets, not officially anyway. Users have successfully sideloaded them with some of the usual caveats like odd UI placement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad thing is that it's been a year since the first post.  And android is still forgotten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not "forgotten".

Cut the drama, and try to understand that it's clearly less easy for Adobe to bring out all mobile apps immediately for Android. As far as I know, Adobe has always tried to be platform agnostic in their intentions to develop software. But they will set their own priorities and choose their roadmap towards that goal. It's their decision how to achieve things in the most efficient way. The only aspect you can blame them for, is for being slow. But not for "forgetting Android".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - ForgottenOnAndroid.png

That link is to a screenshot of the home page on my Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android), taken tonight.

I see 4 Adobe apps. How many do you see?

This screenshot went via Lightroom Mobile (for Android) to the cloud and Lightroom Desktop. I then exported it, opened it in PS CC (2015), added a box using the Marquee tool, applied a black layer set to 50% opacity. Before Lightroom Mobile (for Android), to get a photo from my phone to my MacBook Pro, it'd be either juggling attempts with Bluetooth (that didn't always send), uploading to Dropbox, or emailing it to myself.

Adobe Lightroom Mobile (for Android) makes it a lot easier!

Adobe Color (for Android) means that I can grab color palettes from the real world, using my (Android) phone's camera. My Adobe Creative Cloud libraries have several color swatches that have come from my Android phone.

Adobe Shape (for Android) allows my to jot pen sketches on any surface—a scrap of paper or a napkin— and create vector files—using my Android phone! So cool!

These Adobe mobile apps were installed (on my Android) weeks before you posted your comment here.

What the heck do you mean "still forgotten"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep... I see I can use them on my phone but not my samsung note pro.  I guess I couldn't see them when I went to the store but when I went on the play store on a browser I saw what was available.

I still don't see Adobe Illustrator Draw, Adobe Illustrator Line, Adobe Photoshop Sketch, Adobe Comp CC, Adobe Preview CC, Adobe Slate, Adobe Premiere Clip, and Adobe Voice. 

maybe those are new or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathan rosenbaum wrote:

I still don't see Adobe Illustrator Draw, Adobe Illustrator Line, Adobe Photoshop Sketch, Adobe Comp CC, Adobe Preview CC, Adobe Slate, Adobe Premiere Clip, and Adobe Voice.

maybe those are new or something.

Correct, so far only the utility apps are available for both android and Mac.

I am going through a 30 days of Adobe shape on periscope and participants say they can use those available on tablets too. Not I on mine I swear.

I do not want to feed illusions, this is Flora's thought not adobe, but the company is having a big conference in October. Maybe then they will reveal some news for androids. I hope so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I mean I the pressure sensitive brush is great on the Samsung tablet and there are others out there that use it.  Programs like Sketchbook Pro have been good about being on both platforms around the same time.  I just got Artrage and that took quite awhile to get on the Android.  And I kind of would expect that since they are a small company.

I'm just bummed that I can't use the real meaty apps on my android tablet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Shape and Color on top for me, and I am happy they made it through the android.

I would love to see Sketch, Draw, Comp and Clip to follow. Finger crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ug... I can't use those on my tablet.  only on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to draw sketches on a Galaxy note pro tablet with Sketchbook for galaxy.

I transfer my drawings on a PC and continue to work with Photoshop.

I would prefer to use Photoshop sketch instead of Sketchbook but it seems that this app is only dedicated to apple users.

It's great to announce brand new applications for mobile but it should be better if all the customers could use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Have Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 with S Pen - great for actually designing and drawing (not to mention writing) without using a clumsy finger or rubberised 'stylus' on the iPad. Would love to see Comp, Sketch, Draw, Voice, Clip and more available on Android, where you have much greater precision and flexibility with a proper pen/stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Guys you got the lady lost here. What does the pen has to do with it? I use my Wacom creative stylus 1 and 2 on iPad sin problemas - what is the connection I have lost here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me explain.  the stylus that comes with the Samsung works with the Wacom technology that is built into the screen.  It is pressure sensitive and is the same basic tech as in the wacom tablets.  The neat thing is you can also get some 3rd party stylus that have the eraser and it does work the same way (erases).  Samsung is not the only android tablet that has this technology.  Some others have that or ntrig.   The creative stylus is slightly different but yes does the same thing but the tech is all in the pen rather than the screen.

Now the thing is this.  since 2013 Android tablets have passed ipad in market share.  These other apps have been out for a year on ipad and still aren't out on android.  Adobe started building these apps knowing that there are at least 2 major tablet Operating systems.  They did it before with the touch products.  So going in, I would have thought that they may have kept that in mind.  I know it is difficult to create apps, so some lag behind could make sense, but there should be some kind of indication when they may come out.

After all, when paying for a monthly service for CC and not having some of the companion tools available is a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌My samsung is so old that it is out of the question even to install anything, and my old Sony mobile is not helping me a lot either

The new Samsung seem very cool! Dang I wish I had the money to own just everything that is on the market. Tech is cool

thank you for taking the time to explain, it was very kind of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, I've been using Shape just to take pictures of objects and I never once thought of using it to pull a napkin sketch into Illustrator. That's brilliant! Maybe obvious to some, but not to me

I would love to have an Adobe app to draw with but honestly my reaction when I downloaded Color and Shape was, "Wow, I get these things too?" rather than feeling like I was being denied. I suppose if Adobe said they were only ever going to develop mobile apps for iOS I might get pouty, but that's the opposite of what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Meshon, but that use for Adobe Sketch came outa desperation: I needed a new Wacom and some way to get sketches into my Mac (and taking pictures with my phone just aint the same). 

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been a little 'out of the loop' lately ...

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with insisting on Android!! I actually got super excited when I learned of Ink & Slide, I was bummed at being left out so I bit it and got an iPad, something I swore I would never do ... Now I'm just bitter about it, the thing doesn't play well with the rest of my services, it's clunky and basically a piece of junk. I am planning on transitioning back to an Android tablet ... the apps show promise, but they're not worth the hassle of this ridiculous dinosaur of a slow-motion fade into obsolescence that is a tablet incompatible with google products ..... and selling the iPad the instant these apps are available on Android. At this point I only turn it on to doodle with my Ink pen and since the whole point was to integrate it into my digital life but the device is so worthless I don't even feel like carrying it ......... I feel like Adobe has really done a grave disservice to those of us on PC/Android who pay for this service but are not able to access all of its functions. I can't afford to make a full transition to the Apple ecosystem, nor do I want to. That's a steep learning and price curve to ask people to climb just because you don't want to build apps for both platforms ...... a feat being accomplished by much smaller companies every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad this thread happened because it set in motion a thought sequence which led to me realizing that I'm still within the time period where I can return the iPad, and the Ink & Slide ........ And get something like a Nexus 9 that I can use with Pencil and Sketchbook Pro. I need my digital life to be compatible across all my devices, and if Apple can't play well with Google, then it has to go. As for Adobe, I love its desktop apps and thankfully they are PC compatible ... The tablet apps show a lot of promise but they're by no means indispensable at this point. It will be nice for them to be available ASAP and then I'll consider getting another Ink & Slide ... for now it's too costly to be a doodle pad and a paper weight. Oh and top of that the darn thing doesn't even have a 4g connection. Bah bye Apple, bah bye. Fandroid4Life‌ LessonLearned‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i am happy too to see this thread is getting more and more a place to share ideas about the apps and the potentials of different solutions. I surrender to the fact we who enjoy both systems are a minority and read all your thoughts with interest.

keep on the good talk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious that there is a commercial deal between apple and adobe, apple just had launched their iPad pro and obviously they want to have some attractive to compete with the Android tablets that are biting a very big slice of the market. As well as the Xbox and Playstation competition, where they launch games for only one console and after a year or less the game get available for the other, probably the apps will be available in future for both S.O..

I am anxious waiting for the sketch app, but I do not know how this Adobe's posture will reflect on the android users mainly for the Apple hatters.

I am from Brazil so sorry about my English.

I really enjoy the staff support, you are really giving us the attention that the developers should give us as well. Nice job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as it was quite evident with Illustrator and Surface Pro one year ago. Although I have a feeling that the iPad pro is out to challenge to Wacom cintiq serie more than anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Do not think so, the ios has restriction, maybe if it had been released with the MacBook O.S., for sure the surface or wacon are much better, unfortunately they costs a life of salary here in Brazil as well as the iPad pro will be. Currently I am very satisfied with my galaxy note pro and note 4.

By the way, is there any news?

And once mote thanks for the attention and all your patience with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fabiocaria wrote:

I Do not think so, the ios has restriction, maybe if it had been released with the MacBook O.S., for sure the surface or wacon are much better, unfortunately they costs a life of salary here in Brazil as well as the iPad pro will be. Currently I am very satisfied with my galaxy note pro and note 4.

By the way, is there any news?

And once mote thanks for the attention and all your patience with us.

Read this

How Apple Pencil stacks up against Wacom Cintiq

I have nothing official to say about sketch, I am sorry, but keeping closest connection with the staff, they listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines