• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Wacom stylus for Adobe Sketch on iPad Air 2?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve searched these forum (and review websites) to try to find out which is the best Wacom Stylus to use on an iPad Air 2 - and indeed, which are compatible with both the device and the app.

Both the Bamboo Sketch and the Fineline 3 are compatible with the iPad Air, but neither mention app compatibility with Adobe Sketch. I’m enjoying using Adobe Sketch (for ‘oil painting’), but its just as a hobby, so don’t really want to buy an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil. It doesn’t need to be amazing - just a step up from a finger, and have pressure sensitivity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPad, I've used the 53 Pencil, but recently got the the Wacom Bamboo and love it.

The Bamboo has one drawback: charging.  All pens charge through USB, which is great.  However, the Bamboo comes with a small adapter to charge.  It's magnetic to the pen.  It fits in the case which is great, but you really need to take care of the adapter while charging.

The 53 pencil (and Apple pen) have the charger in the stylus itself.

53 has a rubber tip that I'm not a fan of anymore.  It was better than finger, but started to skid and become unresponsive.

Wacom Bamboo has a wonderful nib. pressure sensitive when paired to Adobe mobile. comes with multiple nibs.

The Fineline is also excellent ++ has a charger in the barrel.

My worth it winner so far is the Bamboo Sketch.

Holds a charge while using for several days (standby charge for weeks).

pen_01.jpg

pen_02.jpgpen_03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive reply (and for the pictures). I think I’m going to take the plunge with the Bamboo Sketch (despite the odd charging!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ko,

is your comment about iPad Air 2 (in combination with Wacom Sketch stylus)? Do you still recommend it?

Thanks,

Dex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines