1 out of 10 exact same files suddenly not compatible with my version of Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a set of playing cards in Photoshop. I have all the numbered cards, 2-10, as a Photoshop file. It has never been anything other than a Photoshop file. All of a sudden I cannot open the 10 of diamonds, even though I opened it yesterday along with all other cards. The files are all the same, and have never been opened on anything other than Photoshop.

How come I keep getting the ''could not open ''10 of diamonds.psdc'' because the file it not compatible with this version of Photoshop, when I can still open all the other ones?

I have Windows and don't have an illegal version of Photoshop.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 out of 10 exact same files suddenly not compatible with my version of Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a set of playing cards in Photoshop. I have all the numbered cards, 2-10, as a Photoshop file. It has never been anything other than a Photoshop file. All of a sudden I cannot open the 10 of diamonds, even though I opened it yesterday along with all other cards. The files are all the same, and have never been opened on anything other than Photoshop.

How come I keep getting the ''could not open ''10 of diamonds.psdc'' because the file it not compatible with this version of Photoshop, when I can still open all the other ones?

I have Windows and don't have an illegal version of Photoshop.

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add: I open these files through Photoshop cloud. I save them there by just closing the file, so I don't see how it changed to a file not compatible for my Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any application process these cloud documents are the cloud files corrupt? I never save my Images to the cloud. I do not want by documents to be accessible in the www.   If the files are corrupt you should have Adobe Address this problem. Cloud storage is quite robust but nothing is perfect.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Cloud cause i assumed it'd be safer than keeping it on my computer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
soraya97 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I replied from my other account!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

What version of Photoshop are you using? Did you do anything to change your sustem between yesterday and today? Do you have an older version of Photoshop on your machine that you can use to try and open the file?

Let us know any other information you can so we can be more effective at helping you.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I use the Photoshop 2020 version. I have never used any other version with this file. I don't have an other version to try to open it with. i also didn't change anything about my computer, like any updates etc. Everything is still the same as when I could open it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also realize i answered from my other account, sorry!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0