Highlighted

1 second delay with the zoom tool, then it works smoothly

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I zoom in or out with my stylus or mouse using the zoom tool, there's a 1 second delay before it starts working, then it works smoothly. Trying to get it to function smoothly.

I've tried changing a lot of options in preferences. Searched the forums and google quite a bit. Seems like such a small issue but it's jarring and zooming in and out is a pretty constant thing for digital painting so it gets a bit annoying.

Didn't know about this. It's definitely a cool feature, but I still need to zoom to fixed locations and do so often. H press and hold is a quick way to get a view of the whole image and quickly return to where you were. Using this would definitely reduce how much I have to deal with the zoom delay, but it can't replace it entirely.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 second delay with the zoom tool, then it works smoothly

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I zoom in or out with my stylus or mouse using the zoom tool, there's a 1 second delay before it starts working, then it works smoothly. Trying to get it to function smoothly.

I've tried changing a lot of options in preferences. Searched the forums and google quite a bit. Seems like such a small issue but it's jarring and zooming in and out is a pretty constant thing for digital painting so it gets a bit annoying.

Didn't know about this. It's definitely a cool feature, but I still need to zoom to fixed locations and do so often. H press and hold is a quick way to get a view of the whole image and quickly return to where you were. Using this would definitely reduce how much I have to deal with the zoom delay, but it can't replace it entirely.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Operating system and version and which Photoshop version?  I would think a Painter would use a Brush tool and the Hand toggle H press and hold...

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 and version 21.1.3

I've using an older version of photoshop because the latest version won't recognize my GPU. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10 now and 21.2 no problem there.  I would think the H press and hold would bet better for painters then switching to the zoom tool.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Huglust LATEST
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hard pass but thanks for not coming even remotely close to helping.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines