• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

150% UI Scaling Option for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been trying to get some feedback from the guys at Adobe regarding this, but seems like no one has seen or heard this pleas. I'm currently using a Surface Pro 3 to work on Photoshop, and while I really appreciate the fact that Adobe introduced the 200% scaling option, it's really too big to do anything productively. It's definitely usable, but is it the best scaling? I would really hope 150% scaling option to be added as well. So we could toggle between it base on our preference.

What do you guys think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

The way this is supposed to work now, is that Photoshop UI scaling automatically follows the Windows setting, in 25% increments.

The crucial point is that the image window itself maintains independent scaling, so that 100% still means one image pixel represented by exactly one screen pixel. This is what's new, and this is what has been difficult to implement before. This is what took so long.

Note that this requires Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and it does not work on Windows 7 or 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 323 Replies 323
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally someone with some sense here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnnyRandom donbarrum

The applications UI has nothing to do with whether an application is Vector or Raster based.

You're both completely missing my point. I'm not talking about the UI. I'm talking about not scaling the image window along with the UI. That's where Photoshop is different from ID and Ai.

I'm not saying this shouldn't be in place by now. It should, and most people expected it implemented in CC2018. They've had it in beta testing for a while. But it has taken time because it's not as simple as you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

You're both completely missing my point. I'm not talking about the UI. I'm talking about not scaling the image window along with the UI. That's where Photoshop is different from ID and Ai.

I believe most do not get the point the difference between  System Display scaling scaling all and,  Photoshop scaling both UI and image independently. In the Past Photoshop only scaled  Image its UI was not scaled had a fixed number of pixels and it was designed for a 96Dpi display.   High-resolution displays display Photoshop UI smaller because their pixels are smaller and closer together.   What use to display 1"x1" in size on 96 dpi Display display 1.4"x1.4" on a 200dpi display 1/9"x1/9" on a 300dpi display.  They also do realize how hard a job it is to do what Adobe want to do.  Adobe UI is not in one place there is not one UI there are ui all over the pace and not all are Adobe's for they use system dialog for file and some are in third party software use by Photoshop that have UI.  There are Plug-ins that have their own UI and Scripts the have UI their own. Some UI you see in Photoshop do not belong to Adobe.    It may be impossible to address every UI.  Time will tell....

You seem to be confirming what I think is being done. That is all other Adobe applications are simply using OS scaling that scales all that Adobe applications display  UI and Image.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have it all and somwhat portable Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 | Wacom

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but no thanks! I all ready have a 22" wacom cintiq. I need to work on a stationary machine of much more power than the MobileStudio. Its a nice companion but it cant replace my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes quite pricey and less portable then my Surface Pro 3.  Workstation with multiple displays  are better to work on then any mobile platforms.   I'm not a painter,  also not a fan of Touch, and I prefer to use a Wacom tablet rather than pen on a display like a Cintiq.  Everyone has their own preferences. With multiple Displays with different resolution I do not care if Adobe ever gets their Photoshop UI scaling working well.  However, if they do I'll use it.  There are many thing in Photoshop I do not use not like  artboards, libraries etc.  However some day I may find a need to use these.  So it is nice to know they are there. Some will call Photoshop bloatware.  I call it a Swiss Army Knife something too big to fix in you pocket however it fits on my workstation.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

true, but I still find Photoshop very unresponsive and bloated, not in features but its slow and laggy and a lot of the implementation are old school and not updated to utilize the machine power we have today - like all Adobe programs are suffering from (except XD, which is new). A good example of this is that an iPad Pro with a stylus and Procreate feels like painting with butter smooth responsiveness. Even opening a 5000px image and 20 layers in Procreate and you feel no lag at all, and with the the latest iPad Pro the responsiveness in almost instant. And on my PC, that are WAY above the the iPad Pro in hardware specs, I still feel lag when painting. But, that's never going to change unless Adobe start from scratch the same way Apple did with FCPX, which would of course would make a lot of people furious as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an Accessibility issue for years - especially for those without giant monitors - and Adobe seems not to be concerned about it. Will we EVER get continuous UI scalability? It doesn't seem like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we will, it is in development and there's a public beta. It works, I've tested it and you can too if you want to use beta software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh? where will the beta be? - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all these years, this is STILL a problem. Shame on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old news. Stretches the image.

Not a long term solution.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blur blur blur -

i tried it - funny result...

don't work and !!! the correct settings for AI & iD are blown away....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) | Dan Antonielli

I feel like adobe should either integrate his method here or get the issue fixed them self in a different way.

I am cool with doing it for every update but still, users should not have to deal with registry and program file stuff.

I know that the icons gets a little blurry after the adjustment, but it is a very small price to pay for a UI that is the right size.

this method works with cc 2018 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Override high DPI scaling behavior - system somewhat worked for CC 2018 Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design but my cursor/selector tools are so small that I can't see what I'm clicking on. So I guess back from the drawing board. I just got a new HP Spectre x360 for Christmas and was so excited to load my CC on it - total disappointment. Should have kept my 1.5 year old Spectre GRRRRRR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sorely needed.   Illustrator can do this with an environment variable.  It is very frustrating that Adobe UIs are so out of step with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now a 3 year old issue! Adobe please add more options!

The reason I got a larger monitor is to better use CC apps, so only having two options, too small or too clunky, is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO?? ADOBE??? WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED YET 3 YEARS AFTER THIS IT WAS REQUESTED??? ANYONE????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisbrearley  wrote

HELLO?? ADOBE??? WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED YET 3 YEARS AFTER THIS IT WAS REQUESTED??? ANYONE????

YOU ARE NOT DEALING WITH ADOBE HERE THIS IS A USER FORUM.  I WOULD RATHER SEE ADOBE FIX PHOTOSHOP BUGS THEN ADD NEW FEATURES.  PARTICULARLY IN THIS CASE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SYSTEM SCALE WHAT PHOTOSHOP DISPLAYS ANY SIZE YOU NEED. RUN PHOTOSHOP DO NOT HAVE ADOBE SCALE ITS UI AND HAVE YOUR SYSTEM SCALE WHAT PHOTOSHOP DISPLAYS.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I WOULD RATHER SEE ADOBE FIX PHOTOSHOP BUGS THEN ADD NEW FEATURES."

Seriously? To many, this is a bug.

They have a large enough team plus a nice safe constant subscription revenue stream, I am pretty sure they could have this taken care of by now (IIRC they are working on this, anyway) AND you could still get your 3 "new features" a year. BTW Remember the days when they piled so many new fun things into a release it would take you a month to play with them all? huh haven't seen that in 15 years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's definitely not a feature, it's a bug and a problem that's been around for years. With the increase of high resolution displays, Adobe has dropped the ball massively on updating the programs to keep up. They are working on this now though in Adobe Prelease, but they haven't given a date on when it's going to be released in the actual Photoshop CC release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not a bug its was not in Adobe UI scaling design only 2X was.   There are bugs in Adobe's Photoshop CC UI scaling implementation and many other bugs in Photoshop as well.     Adobe is working on their UI scaling feature and intents to add the scaling users are requesting.  This information has been posted many times.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you want to call it: bug, missing functionality, doesn't really matter. It is something that should have been addressed years ago but at least they are finally addressing it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO Adobe need to improve their product support. However, it is very clear that Adobe Management does not share my opinion.  There are reported bugs in Photoshop that Adobe has acknowledge as being bugs that remain in Photoshop release after release some decades old now.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines